Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I understand there was a movie made about Apple and it's history. Does anyone know what it was called? Might be interesting viewing.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Could you be referring to Pirates of Silicon valley?
A TV movie a couple years back about Jobs, Woz, Gates and co.
Did anybody see the jobs actor come out in Jobs place at a Macworld, cause for a few chuckles.

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by minnes:
Could you be referring to Pirates of Silicon valley?
A TV movie a couple years back about Jobs, Woz, Gates and co.
Did anybody see the jobs actor come out in Jobs place at a Macworld, cause for a few chuckles.
<HR></blockquote>

That's the one. Its not bad but it sure took some artistic liberties. They couldn't have chosen better actors though. Almost spooky how Noah Wyle looked and acted just like Jobs. Especially the scene where he interviews the IBM-type for a job @ Apple has puts his bare feet up on the table asks his is he's "A virgin". Bloody hilarious.

Anthony Michael Halls did a great job too on Gates. He's even got the Gates' patented "pigeon toe" walk down pat.

Should I even mention Ballmer and Woz?

The only real problem with this movie is the act that it ended terribly with the statement that MS now owns a part of Apple (1997). They really should do a sequel and showed what happened after this, particularly the iMac intro in 98 and subsequent happenings.

Here's the offical link to the movie site http://alt.tnt.tv/movies/tntoriginals/pirates/

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
I saw it a while back and especially liked the part where Jobs confronted Gates in typical Jobs fashion by flying off the handle after finding out that MS "stole" some "intelletctual property" of Apple's (we won't go there).

After Gates listened to the tongue lashing of Jobs he managed to twist it around and made Jobs understand (for a while) MS's reasoning for what they did.

All in all I thought Wyle and Hall portrayed Jobs and Gates to a tee. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in the whole Apple vs. Microsoft thing.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Anyone else here remember the MacWorld Keynote where Noah Wylie came out first and started doing the keynote totally in character?

"Today, we have some really great stuff for you, SOME REALLY GREAT STUFF!"

--PB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.