Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
haha, yeah I have a few of those kickin around...might sell... might not..was hoping to get on the internet with one of them...not worth selling NOT! wow $5 thousand!! going to go lisa hunting...anyone care to join? thats a sweet deal if your the owner! Mark

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Great pictures and a chronicle of history Dave, but scary stuff.

Scary you ask?

Yep scary.

Because I was at a show in the spring of 1984 and saw this very model. We began using Apples in our newspapers in 1987.

Scary to think I am getting that old!

:D

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Are we going to start seeing Apple II's going for $3000? I've got a mint condition Apple IIc at home.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts
I bought one of these in 1993 for about $125 cdn... I traded it (and some othe stuff) in 1994 for a Mac Color Classic.

I don't think my Color Classic (which I still have) will ever reach that price... Oh well... At least I had owned a piece of history... if only for a while.

BTW... What I thought was neat about the Lisa was that if you wanted to get into the guts... they all slid out the back (no tools required)... very thoughtful for the time.

[ November 17, 2003, 02:00 PM: Message edited by: da_jonesy ]

·
Registered
263 Posts
When the Lisa was introduced, everyone raved about what a great computer it was. The graphical interface was considered a breakthrough. Unfortunately, Steve Jobs couldn't resist bragging that the Macintosh (his project) would be coming out a few months later -- with more powerful features at a fraction of Lisa's price. And not only that, but incompatible with the Lisa. Needless to say, buyers figured it would be a good idea to give the Lisa a pass and see what was up with the Mac.

The rest, as they say, is history.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Taking a walk down memory lane.

I had a revA Lisa while doing my Masters at MacU.
Oh, how I loved that crisp tiny B&W screen and its monstrous 5 Mb external hard drive.

How times have changed!
I'm feeling my age now ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow you saw one for $25 at goodwill? ive been waiting to run into one of these for cheap at a goodwill/value village type store. Good collectors item and I could always resell it :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts