Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is funny and I don't know what to say to Apple if I called them...I decided to register some apple products with Apple awile back...and not only did I register but they gave me the option of a free gift. There was Macworld, Macaddict, and Machome subscriptions to choose from, so I chose 1 of each since I registered three products. So then they told me it would take upto 8 weeks...fine no sweat I waited for them to arrive. Then today in the mail I get a letter from Macworld thanking me for thier support and they want me to renew my subscription...well I would if I had got some magazines in the first place! Is that my free gift from Apple? WOW! hehe :D just that it was kinda a bad joke...something microcrap would pull...but not at all peeved in any way over it! cheers Mark

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just got the same thing in the mail...no magazines, but a renew subscription form. We'll probably start getting tons of spam mail (analog variety)...magazine companies love to sell your profile! It's all a cash grab....oh well!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I registered a few products awhile back and I did eventually receive the complimentary issues. I do remember quite a long delay. I normally purchase MacWorld and sometimes MacAddict so I kept an eye out for the freebies to avoid purchasing them as well. Hopefully they'll eventually make there way to you guys as well. Best of luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
You WILL get your magazines. It takes a little time but once they start showing up, you'll get them regularly.

When I registered my last laptop I chose Macworld, it eventually starting showing up, lost track how long, but once it did it kept on coming. I think they offer you a free 6 months subscription, I think I've actually gotten more than 6 issues.

Once every 5 or 6 weeks I get a letter from macworld asking me to 'renew' my subscripton. I don't believe I've gotten any spam from macworld. Ever.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
When I bought my Flat Panel iMac last year I registered for a free MacWorld subscription - see my comments here. :rolleyes:

I hope that was an isolated bit of stupidity but I'm not holding my breath over the free MacWorld subscription that I signed up for, when I registered my G5 in October this year...

·
Tritium Glow
7,141 Posts
When I registered my 12" Powerbook in Feb 2003 the first issue arrived so fast I ended up with two copies of Macworld as I had a store bought copy and just as fast they started sending the renewal forms...I'm still receiving the magazine and the renewal forms. :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
When I got my G4 earlier this year I received the magazines quite quickly. Actually I think I was supposed to get 6 issues of Macworld yet they keep sending me it!

Maybe some of the delay right now is that the amount of people buying mac stuff is at a high with all the new products ... new G5, Powerbook 12", G4 ibook, etc

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
I'm still waiting for my MacWorld magazines... a year after I bought my FP iMac. :(

My work recently bought a DP 1.25 gig G4... they're still waiting on their MacWorld magazines...

Sorry to say... I've been waiting long enough. They ain't a coming.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
When I got my free Macworld, I signed on for the electronic version. I now use Zinio Reader and get my copy long before it hits the newstands.

For the record, I got my first issue about two seconds after downloading Zinio, and got the second issue a couple of weeks ago.

Zinio auto checks for mags every day, week, month or whatever you set it to do.

You would be surprised just how many mags are available this way, and the subscription price is reduced from the print version, since there is no paper or postage involved.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
I thought that once you got a free subscription from Macworld you never got them again if you registered your products...

I got a few issues of Macworld when I regidtered my Powerbook, and I got another subscription for my iMac.. but I don't remember getting MacWorld again after the initial subscription..

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
23 Posts
i got a free subscription to macworld with my first imac (a rev b) and i got them, kinda nice. i got my current computer (tibook) used, so i don't think i have the option...

·
Registered
68 Posts
You will receive you free issues, however they take quite a while to come. I have successfully received copies from all three publications, however I have had the worst luck with MacAddict (their subscription service needs work), and after e-mailing them, they finally came through.

It's not Apple's fault. Just send an e-mail to the publication that you chose and tell them when you bought a Mac, and that you are waiting on your copies... and yes, from MacWorld and MacHome you receive frequent re-subscribe cards in the mail. Rubbish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts