Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Was RtC abducted by aliens or was just sleeping for the past 2 weeks. Maybe he's just got a really slow connection (or a life)?

Welcome back RtC, or whoever is now inside your sack of bones.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I must have missed that one.. if it was in the CC, I would totally understand.. it's a jungle over there.. but I missed it in the Town Hall. Hummm.. must have been abducted.. but hey, who's for buying a PC now...

Cheers,

RtC

P.S. Safari does not like UBB either...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Anyone notice the x-axis on those graphs?

A little misleading to say the least.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
361 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RicktheChemist:
Need I say more:

http://www.adobe.com/motion/pcpreferred.html
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, ain't that sweet of Adobe. The Mac got "outperformed" by an "impressive" rate, they say. I guess they're in a win-win situation.They know that if they irk off a bunch of Mac users, either:

A) the Mac user dumps Adobe's industry standard products (highly UNLIKELY)
B) the Mac user gets a PC and buys PC version Adobe products.

They probably just want to consolidate their product line to PC only --- 'cause that's just some plain old insulting/misleading propaganda. But, HEY, they can post these figures and graphs all day long... until Apple gets its act together and starts matching, if not beating, PC clock speeds. Until Apple picks up the pace, PC marketing can have its way with Apple, whether its truthful or not.

They supposedly matched up the fastest Mac against the fastest PC, and the PC won --- bottomline. To the average user, where the dollars/ marketshare is, that's all that matters.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Apple's response has been to point out that it is Adobe's software that creates the difference.

Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express perform all the actions on test faster than Adobe's After Effects software does on either platform, while the Mac version of After Effects is slower than the Windows version on any variety of hardware configurations.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
gordguide basically summed it up, but I have the LINK to prove it!

:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Well, whaddya know. Our old friend Charlie White is the author of the Adobe piece.

Alert ehMac'ers will remember Charlie from his fawning review a month or two ago of the (currently still in Beta) Windows Media 9, complete with dubious comparisons to iMovie (v2).

Jim Banahan of OS Cast calls him " an anti-Mac bigot" adding that he "loathes the Macintosh" and "works hard to discredit Apple's product offerings at every corner".

You can listen in to the broadcast at the link. I've found OSCast to provide some interesting content in the past.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts