Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Apple has always been a member (since at least 1997) of the lobby group which both makes court challenges and submissions to the Copyright Board come levy time.

This might be news to some, but don't expect much. The Copyright Act has survived a number of similar challenges and it's not likely to be any different this time.

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Well, I'll bet that, if it doesn't change, we'll probably never see the iTunes Music Store in Canada.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Well, I'll bet that, if it doesn't change, we'll probably never see the iTunes Music Store in Canada.
I've had that same thought for a little while now, even before I heard about the tax challenge. Don't know why.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
To the contrary: expect the Canadian ITMS to launch soon and that it will be a key part of their legal argument. By making available ITMS--a legal, copyright respecting, royalty paying service--the current levy would be rendered unnecessary or at least superfluous.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
It's about time someone took on those f*cking idiots at the copyright board. Can someone go shake up the CRTC now like a British nanny?

Thanks.

Our bloody laws are too protectionist in the first place. Give people what they want and let the market sort them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts