·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it renewable?

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
If you buy the extended AppleCare once (total of 3 years hardware and 3 years telephone support) you can't renew.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[arrrghh - clenching my heart!] That's what I suspected. Someone had mentioned that once - but was not too sure. Thanks for the bad news. ;)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Never ever ever buy a Mac without Applecare !!!!!
Virtually any repair that is significant will be more than the cost of Applecare and you have 3 years to rant and rave on hardware/software problems with a knowledgable Tech support person My first problem was solved by a fsck-y from a open apple S boot and he was on the line with me for almost 45 minutes until he was assured that my system was clean. I wanted to say ok after the first fsck -y but he would not let me go until I had really solved the problem . With Apple Authorized Dealer service running at +or- 90 dollars an hour with a minimum 1/2 hour the cost of Applecare seems to be a bargain even at the new increased rates .....and god forbid that you should have a hardware problem..... mother board replacements that are treble the cost of Applecare

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi
If anyone really cares. Don't buy third party warranties. I learned the hard way. They require going back to the place of purchase, in my case 2 hour drive rather then the closest Apple dealer 20 minutes. Plus not a lot of phone support.

Just thought I would mention this.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Hi
If anyone really cares. Don't buy third party warranties. I learned the hard way. They require going back to the place of purchase, in my case 2 hour drive rather then the closest Apple dealer 20 minutes. Plus not a lot of phone support.

Just thought I would mention this.

--------------------

Mark McLenaghan

please define third party warranty as compared to Applecare I still think that Apple care is a great value especially for the newby that can access Applecare on line . And also for insurance for those hardware problems that may occur in the first 36 months

1 - 6 of 6 Posts