·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Slashdot:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>
Posted by chrisd on Saturday March 22, @08:48PM
from the leaks-are-part-of-betas dept.
coolmacdude writes "This morning Safari beta v67 was leaked to the Internet. Because this is the third time it has happened (v62 and v64 were leaked), Apple has apparantly had enough and decided to terminate the seed program that provided unreleased beta verisons to selected developers. In a email sent to all developers and posted on Mike Wendland's blog, Apple says: 'Due to Safari 67 postings to the internet, we have closed the Safari Seed project. We know that the majority of you are not responsible for the leaks to the internet, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback, time and effort with this project.'"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See here for links and further discussion

--PB

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
We're all Beta testers anyway. As far as I'm concerned I willingly beta tested OSX till 10.1.5, and have always used leaked copies of Safari (Beta 67 as of now). Me thinks apple would appreciate the input following several of their latest legit releases (Original Safari Beta, iMove 3).

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Indeed. the chaotic nature of this situation makes it more difficult for Apple to put out a polished product.

Am I glad the seeding program is cancelled? No, it was kind of cool to get on the bleeding edge.Am I angry they cancelled it? No. It's the smart thing to do.

It just takes one person to pee in the pool in order to cancel the swinmming lessons... :D

:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts