Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Seeing as how I do not have the time or the cash to go to either show...I don't give a rat's @ss how many Macworlds Apple goes to.

So long as they keep rolling out new and innovative products, who gives a sh!t. Sorry to be so "vulgar" about this...but I am tired of hearing about this little p!ss!ng match. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Since Apple has gotten to the point that they are announcing new hardware when it is ready (with noteable exceptions such as the iMac LCD) and software annoucements at the expos, do they really need two a year? They also annouce things at QTLive, and Seybold, so that makes four conferences a year, not counting any special press events such as the iPod announcement or the Slot Loading iMac Introduction.

On the other hand, it makes no sense to have an expo and then ban the company whos products the expo are about.

Why can't they just settle it quietly?

--PB

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Apple isn't banned; they just decided not to come, I beleive.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lars:
Apple isn't banned; they just decided not to come, I beleive.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go read the story. IDG is considering banning Apple from the San Francisco show in retailliation.

Pretty stupid for IDG head Greco. It will kill the show. They really ought to fire that guy.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
IMHO

I run a company that purchase space at a couple of trade shows, and tend to pay dearly for it.

In all my experiences the companies that put on the production after a while feel if they put one on everyone will come running and make show participants a whole lot of cash.
It is not necesarily so. The majority of people do not attend. [per Me, others and VertiGoGo / time and cash]

Show organizers think you would be nothing without them. They put on two or even one show a year and forget the rest of the hard work that is involved thoughout the year to keep a business going

(Sorry for the sweeping generalities)

Screw IDG, fire the top dude. They sould not have made a move with out considering Apple.
If this is the outcome that they anticipated when they announced Boston. Bu!!sh!t banning is just schoolboy bully stuff.

Let IDG hang out to dry.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Oct 21
IDG today confirmed that Apple will be attending Macworld Expo San Francisco in January 2003, and also said that the two companies are in discussions regarding Apple's role in upcoming Macworld Expos. "On Monday, October 21, Apple and IDG World Expo confirmed that Apple will indeed participate in Macworld Conference & Expo in San Francisco in January in January 2003 as originally planned, with a presence on the show floor as well as the keynote presentation from Steve Jobs," IDG said in a statement it sent to MacMinute. "IDG World Expo and Apple have also agreed to hold ongoing discussions about Apple's role in upcoming East Coast Macworld events. IDG World Expo will issue an update when more details become available." This statement comes after IDG CEO Charlie Greco hinted that he would ban Apple from participating in Macworld San Francisco. Greco's harsh words were in response to Apple's original statement that it would not follow Macworld to Boston in 2004.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts