1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
102 Posts
What's Apple's policy regarding new buyers? I just bought my Macbook today, and if something new is released, can I return it for that new machine?

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
There wont be a new Macbook at this event so don't worry about that. Likely iMac since it's been about 10 months since last update.
And also rumored as possible for this event is the new iLife or iWork updated for 10.5. It's been a long time since iWork has been updated too so that could happen too. iLife may not happen til 10.5 is released.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
What's Apple's policy regarding new buyers? I just bought my Macbook today, and if something new is released, can I return it for that new machine?
Call Apple and find out but it's unlikely.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
...or why not ask Apple if you can trade it in every 6 months for an updated unit free of charge?

If you are that worried about not having the latest and greatest, then you should try leasing a new unit for a year then trading it in annually. MacDoc may do that for you, not Apple.

You're asking the wrong people. Call the people you bought the computer from.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Come on people... it's a legitimate question. No need to be facetious. We're not talking about someone who bought a machine 3 months ago. What if someone bought an iMac on Monday? We're talking less than two weeks. It's perfectly understandable to be concerned about an update, and I'd say that most companies these days either:
a) Offer a 2 week (or more) safety net in case of new releases
or
b) Are not as secretive as Apple and announce product updates well in advance so a consumer can make an informed decision.

So the question remains... what is Apple's policy regarding computers bought mere days before an update?

A7

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Come on people... it's a legitimate question. No need to be facetious. We're not talking about someone who bought a machine 3 months ago. What if someone bought an iMac on Monday? We're talking less than two weeks. It's perfectly understandable to be concerned about an update, and I'd say that most companies these days either:
a) Offer a 2 week (or more) safety net in case of new releases
or
b) Are not as secretive as Apple and announce product updates well in advance so a consumer can make an informed decision.

So the question remains... what is Apple's policy regarding computers bought mere days before an update?

A7
You're asking the wrong people. Call the people you bought the computer from.

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
Come on people... it's a legitimate question. No need to be facetious.
We're not - the best answer you're going to get is from the people who sold you the computer. Only *they* can give you info on their return policies.
It's perfectly understandable to be concerned about an update
Agreed. And whenever you buy any kind of product, especially a high end one, you should always ask the vendor what their return policy is.
and I'd say that most companies these days either:
Yes - "most" do. But not everyone. So, to find out what polices a particular manufacturer/vendor/store has, who do you think it's best to ask - the particular manufacturer/vendor/store or a bunch of yahoos on some message board? :)
The answer remains the same - call Apple or the store at which you bought the computer and ask them.

Sorry you don't like the answer but it's the best one you're liable to get.

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
This has nothing to do with liking the answer or not... the point of a message board is to SHARE INFORMATION. I'm not asking because I'm in this particular situation, but I think it's valid to get an answer so others don't need to go through the trouble of calling apple.

Imagine if every question on here was answered in the same rude way?

A7

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
the point of a message board is to SHARE INFORMATION.
(sigh) yes - and the answer we're sharing is "No one here knows exactly. It's best to ask Apple directly".
but I think it's valid to get an answer so others don't need to go through the trouble of calling apple.
Why is calling Apple "trouble"?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts