Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Apple’s First Retail Store in Japan

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Macified 
#1 ·
Apple’s First Retail Store in Japan Opens in Tokyo This Sunday

I read about this in a fashion news letter. When are they coming out here?? Toronto's store is so long overdue, I mean both Las Vegas and Buffalo have one!

:rolleyes:

H!

#2 ·
the store looks amazing! i so want to be there, maybe they will have an opening QT stream on apple.com later.
i think it is a genius idea to put apple right in the middle of ginza, if you have been to japan you will understand what shopping is all about, everything seems so fun, nice and pretty, amazing packaging too makes you want to buy everything. i love shopping in japan, nuts!!

[ November 29, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: rollee ]

#5 ·
we won't get two stores. That's for sure. Great location would be downtown GTA. But that's just me. Eaton ctr would be a perfect location - but the rent in there is astronomical now that I think about it! Yorkdale would be better since in connects well with the rest of Toronto (via transit) but also, has FREE PARKING - and is nowhere near any current Apple retailer. I heard the Vaughn rumors... I'm assuming it's in that shopping plaza with all the outlets/retailers on HWY 7. hope not. That's a hefty drive. On weekends, that 400 and 7 is kinda nutty already...

H!

#7 ·
The exchange rate seem totally irrelevant. Did I miss something?

#8 ·
I understand Apple's retiscence to open a location in Canada. Our market is just too small compared to other countries. Look at the limited number of Mac resellers in anywhere other than a major city.

I live in Markham which is just outside of Toronto. If I want to go to a real Apple reseller I have to drive for an hour, fight for parking or pay an outrageous price for it and then turn around an hope I don't hit rush hour for a two hour drive out. I say this only to point out how difficult it is to get access to Apple related products. To further this, my father wanted to swtich but couldn't find a Mac reseller within hours of his location so stayed with the PC.

Apple has decided that they need to have a presence in order to capture and maintain market. If they want to grow business in Canada they are going to have to something more than what they are doing now.

Lets hope they open up and get things moving soon with stores in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal, etc and lets hope they figure out how to integrate the reseller into their business model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.