ehMac banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

My names David and I'm looking for 5 people to review my app, i can provide a promo code but you do need a U.S account, please post if you would like to help me out. First 5 posts get codes PM to them along with instructions. I'm looking for real world reviews and ideas to help me improve my app. My app ADPT Bank is a simple app that tracks the balance in your bank account its designed to work like your old check book and tell you your balance to the cent. THIS APP DOSENT REQUIRE YOUR BANKING INFORMATION AT ALL it requires you to just enter your balance once and then use it when you purchase something or move money out of your account.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
My app ADPT Bank is a simple app that tracks the balance in your bank account its designed to work like your old check book and tell you your balance to the cent.
David,

Don't most banks provide a mobile portal to their website or a proper app anyway? What can your app do that the other banks' can't?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David,

Don't most banks provide a mobile portal to their website or a proper app anyway? What can your app do that the other banks' can't?
It's faster as it only deals with your balance making the process easier, as it launches in a few seconds, it doesn't require a network connection and you don't enter your bank information just your balance. It was designed for use when your waiting for your payment to go through when you pay at a store or online so you always know your balance, and only one Canadian bank CIBC has an app and the mobile websites take a lot of time to load even with 3G. Thats what it does and I'm looking to add purchase tracking in the next update.

·
Premium Member
17,946 Posts
...and really, who would be willing to hand over their banking information to a third-party (i.e., not the bank itself?). With all due respect, this appears to be a scam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This app dosent require you to enter your bank information at all it requires you to just enter your balance once and then use it when you purchase something or move money out of your account. Sorry for not mentioning that.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is it more like a 'pocket quicken' that you used to be able to get for a Palm or Newton? If so, do you have the ability to import from online banking directly?

I don't have a US iTunes account - or the time at the moment unfortunately - to do a full review but I'd be comparing your app to the full featured old quicken apps that allowed me to do simple calculations and tracking with a feature for projecting that could tie EASILY into some on-computer (i.e. the kind that doesn't fit in your pocket) application for those times I don't feel willing or able to enter them online.

The other thing is that if this is truly a 'cheque book balancing' app, I suspect it would/could be more targeted to iPod touch users who aren't near wifi to check their balances directly through some on-phone app or online portal.

Just my 2 cents about what I'd be looking for. If you have some screen caps or storyboard of your app, that might make it easier to get some general reviews from people who might not be able to download the app from the US store.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As of now I'm looking for opinions on what to add, and instead of s desktop program I was thinking of a website. Also this dosent pull your balance from your banks website but requires you to enter it once and just quickly enter transactions to update your balance.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
So, basically this is like little pocket ledger?

·
Premium Member
17,946 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, davito.

Perhaps you could have optional parameters that the user could enter... for example, if it's a Royal Bank account, Chequing account, you could pull the allowable monthly withdrawal transaction limit and have it adjust automatically for the excessive transaction fee. This would require classifying the kinds of expenditures and have hooks into at least the public information at the various major banks on fees, etc. And what about interest?

Depends on just how wild and crazy you want to be... :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CubaMark i was thinking of that but im a high school student so this is a side project and thats why im looking for people to try it out so i can figure out features and UI improvements i can make. im trying to keep it simple so it can load quickly and so its practical to use when your paying for items.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts