Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell is APACHE??? I've been receiving all kinds of e-mails from this source. People telling me I'm on their address book, and sending blank attachments.
And I mean alot, like 20 - 30 a day.
What's up??
:mad:

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Hiya Bruce,

New to the Mac, are ya?

"Apache" is a program - a very popular and widespread program which is used to serve webpages (essentially, the software that makes many websites tick). If you are using OS X, you are using Apache when you turn on the "Personal Web Sharing" If you go to the Help menu, choose Mac Help, and search for Apache, it will tell you many interesting things.

Looks like someone is sending you a bunch of - possibly? - virus messages. What are the filenames? If they end in .exe, .scr or .com, they're probably viruses.

Laugh, my friend, you use a Mac, and they can't hurt you. :D

M.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
You can do what I do in OS X,
Set your mail to bounce them back.
Bouncing spam is a waste of time, IMHO. Spammers almost never use legitimate return addresses. By bouncing, you're just creating more junk mail for yourself as the mail servers that the spammers spoofed re-bounce an error message back to you.

I just quickly check the messages in my Junk mailbox, then select all and Command-X. Goodbye, spam!

Cheers :-> Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts