Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - maybe not, maybe. Depends what you consider an 'adventure.'

A couple of you may remember 'www.macupgradezone.com' a few months back. When our web hoster went out of business without a in-advance warning, the entire site went offline and I had no funds at the time to bring it back to life for reliable web hosting.

Well, I'm bringing it back now, as a new project from the ground up. The real question is, if there is anyone here who would feel like joining me? Right now there would be no pay, but I do plan on making the site into a profitable company later on.
Posterboy was part of it back when it was up and running.

Sorry if this post is illegal to ehMac rules - just PM me if it is.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Oh, no...not illegal at all.
(Says as men in black suits poor out of van in front of Lars house with large guns)

No problem. Hope the web site gets off the ground. ;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
sure lars, i'm in. send a pm or an e-mail my way and we'll talk.

·
Lifetime membership
9,265 Posts
It sounds interesting, What would you be looking for? Writers?, Reviewers?

I'd be interested in contributing.

D :cool:

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More interest than I thought.

Do you all use/have AIM? Tomorrow, May 24th, 2003 - I will be holding a online meeting with seriously-interested people. The exact time will be posted here and emailed to interested people who replied here and PM'd me.

People I need could/should/perferred to have at least one of the below:

Writing - can review products (hardware and software) well and cover all details, while at the same time preventing large amounts of bias and keeping the review fair.
Positions Available: 6

Tech Support Team - has lot's of Mac trouble-shooting skills, experience and is able to fix most/many Mac problems (no ACT required). Excellent customer service skills - with that, I mean, can be polite and professional (and mature) via email and IM with visitors.
Positions Available: 4

Editorials - if you can write strictly from your own opinion on a issue you see with the Mac - this is the position for you.
Positions Available: 0 (2 taken, 0 remaining) This position is now closed.
Pending Positions:* 2

*=You can apply for this position, but the 2 primary positions of the Editorial position have been filled and your request may be accepted at a later date. Really want this position? Apply anyway!

E-Mail: [email protected]

[ May 23, 2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Lars ]

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To those interested in Mac Upgrade Zone:

Join us in an important meeting on AIM @ 12:00 PM Pacific time (Vancouver)/4:00 PM Eastern Time (New Brunswick) on May 24th, Saturday. Find 'larsthemacguy' on AIM at that time.

Thanks,

-- Lars D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts