Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone managed to use the new “Auto-fill my return” service successfully with their income tax software this year???

I'm far from impressed and now it seems I have to start over again, at least using the TaxFreeway for Mac 2015 software, as the auto-fill just duplicated and in some cases triplicated some of my forms with my pension amounts, and even one with zero data included.

Complete waste of time IMHO!!!

I hope others had better success but sure not impressed here.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
i have a full time accountant.. yes it cost me but it is part of my expenses. but at least they can stress about it..
I dont have the time to keep up with all the tax laws and changes..

·
Canadian By Choice
117,205 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, It seems like the old CRA Auto-Fill My Return Service and TaxFreeway for Mac 2020 has goofed up again, and I can't seem to get it to work anyway, or any how.

Nice fast support from the TaxFreeway for Mac 2020 support techs, but unfortunately, their suggestions did not work or help fix the problem.

I am just curious if anyone has had success using the CRA Auto-Fill My Return Service to actually auto-fill and work properly with whatever Canadian income tax application you might be using.

I am currently using Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and Google Chrome as my main browser, but I cannot get the CRA auto-fill file to auto-fill or even download anything useful, and I have tried just about every alternative method I can think of.

Strange that last year I had no trouble at all, or the year before that, and I was using Snow Leopard at the time, and maybe Safari.

Guess I now have a bunch of extra typing to do and I am not a fast typist. 😉

- Patrick
=======

1 - 7 of 7 Posts