Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
peek-a-boo
16,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Acid pro 4 on the PC. I like the program. Anyone use Soundtrack? How does it compare? Or is there other comparable programs? I saw Ableton live, but seems pricey.

[ August 28, 2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: groovetube ]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Do you mean SoundTrack? The only SoundCheck I know is in iTunes.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I have only seen the online "demo" of Soundtrack, but it looks awesome.

If I could afford it right now, I would buy it for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
SoundTrack is Awesome, and apparently will work with ACID files. My buddy uses ACID so I need to get some files to try it with.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
groovetube - You can edit the title, just go back and edit your first post

Soundtrack is part of Final Cut Pro 4, and is simply the soundtrack portion of FCP, put into a stand alone application. I've seen the demo, and its looks very nice...

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I totally want it! Must have it! I would love to make soundtracks for my iMovies.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
It certainly solves the problem of copyrighted music for our video productions. And would seem to tickle the creative bone that lives within so very many Mac-users, as well. ;) :cool: :cool:

I want it. :D

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
As Apple has done with all its other Apps, SoundTrack is simple to use and practically a no-brainer when it comes to making your projects sound like a million bucks.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Soundtrack is Acid for Mac. It's probably just what you need , though Live is a pretty great program,too.
That is not quite true, although it does look a bit like the program ACID gives you more control over your audio files than SoundTrack does.
My producer uses ACID and I have seen many a tool pallate that are not available in ST.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Is there a signifigant cost difference between the two? Is one a lot easier to use than the other?

I ask all of this because I think that one of these will be my next software investment. I want one of these programs for my Drag racing videos.

Which one do you prefer? And Why?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts