Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for information on wristband heart monitors. I see that the Apple Watch 4 has a heart and ECG function. Out there are also Fitbits and a few other brands.

What I would like is info from a user. Any info would be great thanx.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I’m looking for information on wristband heart monitors. I see that the Apple Watch 4 has a heart and ECG function. Out there are also Fitbits and a few other brands.

What I would like is info from a user. Any info would be great thanx.
What kind of monitoring do you want? I think the Apple Watch 4 is the only one with ECG though I could be wrong. They did make a big deal of it at the release. My Apple Watch 3 has some sort of monitor, noticed it the other day while working out it notified me that my heart rate had increased.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,362 Posts
I use one that has blood pressure, heart beats, O2 levels in the blood, steps, etc. It is called FitCloud

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
another vote for apple watch..

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
What kind of monitoring do you want? I think the Apple Watch 4 is the only one with ECG though I could be wrong.
The 4 has ECG, but not in Canada (yet.) All of the other Apple watches have heart rate monitoring, but with the 4 if you hold your finger on the tip of the crown, it will sample your heart rate each second as long as you're holding it.

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Polywog, I’m interested in the series 4 for the ECG. I am finding mixed reports on this function as many articles say it is not yet here in Canada but, I saw a tech article dated this March which said that with os5.2 for the watch it is..... just wondering if I should call Apple.

Also, I do not have an iPhone....but do have iPads. Anyone know if a phone is required for the ECG reporting to work or can I run the detail on my iPad? A number of articles I have read talk about it being coupled with the iPhone but I’m wondering if the iPad was missed in the article....thoughts.

·
Premium Member
10,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for this Sinc, I was looking for something like this. I might have to give up my Blackberry.

·
Super Moderator
1,749 Posts
Polywog, I’m interested in the series 4 for the ECG. I am finding mixed reports on this function as many articles say it is not yet here in Canada but, I saw a tech article dated this March which said that with os5.2 for the watch it is..... just wondering if I should call Apple.
It's definitely not in Canada yet. But I don't think it' such a top shelf feature as to make or break the sale. You could call Apple, but they have been the holdup so far. You could try health Canada as well.

Also, I do not have an iPhone....but do have iPads. Anyone know if a phone is required for the ECG reporting to work or can I run the detail on my iPad? A number of articles I have read talk about it being coupled with the iPhone but I’m wondering if the iPad was missed in the article....thoughts.
You can't activate an Apple Watch without an iPhone, at least there's no way I know of. And health is not on iPad. So you're out of luck there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts