·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't think it works with Safari yet.

(I read that somewhere and my quick test seemed to confirm it).

I'm a slave to that little google bar in the upper right corner though.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I don't really like the interface for it, but when I did a search for " emotion entertainment "
my website actually showed up, and I have never added it to their list, I have added to google numerous times and it STILL does not show up.

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
136 Posts
Macdoc I do net marketing for a living....And sometimes I hate myself....lol.

Google makes an insane amount of money, alot of engines are a total scam with regards to the technology behind them. Its pretty easy to market on them for just about anyone.

I mean its easy to place Macdoc.com as the first site found on the Overture Engines(Yahoo, MSN,LYCOS,ALTAVISTA etc etc) on searches for Macs+Toronto or any other keywords pertaining to your business, I mean its totally cheap(though not free) but Google and the engines that borrow from that tech are an arm a and a leg to market on....and optimizing for placement is sometimes completely insane on Google due to volitilty.

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Google. :D I love google. I google everybody. Somebody should come up with a t-shirt. "Google Me". Would sell a million (or a google?)

I remember poking around in Google's various "about us" pages, and found the secret to their success - the pigeon engine.

PigeonRank Technology

:cool:
M

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I love Google, and it being worked in Safari is absolutely great too. However turbo10.com doesn't seem to working in Safari. Also turbo10.com uses multiple search engines to do its searching, so its a searcher of search engines.

As for that pigeon engine, its just around the corner. I wonder what kind of seeds are fed to the pigeons who make such hard decisions?

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
One of the things that I really like about Google is the minimalist interface. Turbo10, in comparison, is a mess.

Another thing I like about Google is that sponsored links are clearly indicated as such. While it would be nice if there wasn't any advertising in the world, I think Google's developed a nice solution that's easy to tune out.

It could be worse, after all. Google could be covered in animated gifs and pop-up ads!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts