Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My machine is the bare minimum required to run this game. Is there anyone here playing it on a 400mhz G3? Or higher? Is it smooth? I've been wanting to play this one for a while now... Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
do you have the game already and are just asking so you don't have to install and waste time ? or are you asking becuase you want to buy it and don't want to waste money if it doesn't run smooth ?

i have the game and i have tried it on a G3 233, G4 450 and a G4 800 and it seemed to run fairly smooth on all of them. this is one of those " age of empires " type deals or more like one of those " sim city " deals and it doesn't have alot of stuff going on to make things slow down.

hope that helps

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I played the demo on a G3/366 with 16 MB of VRAM (it does use 3D accerleration) and it was fairly decent, but did get pretty slow at times.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry...I'm talking about the Mucho Macho edition, which for some reason wants more processing power. The Sims for mac is this way too, with each new expansion requiring more and more power. :(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa, 2 posts already while I was still writing my second
Well, my post still mostly makes sense.

Grimm, I don't have it yet, and it's exactly what you said. I don't want to waste money for lousy performance.

Hmm...If there's a demo, I should definitely try it. Hopefully I can just download it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have it (Mucho Macho edition) for my iBook G3900, 384 ram/ 32 vram. It runs ok.. but as your city grows it starts to bog down.

These types of games are very deceiving, the graphics may be nothing spectacular but there is a lot for the processor to keep up to pace with. Every citizen is doing a task, thinking, something, every building, industry, farm, hotel, etc are all keeping track of cost, maintinence and profits. and as the city grows there is a lot to keep track of so i would assume it slows down as it gets really cpu intensive with all those factors and more to keep track of.

the city i am on is approx 400 people and and you can account for every one on screen, you see them runing around going to work, church, hospital, caberet ;oP etc. I have even tried lowering the graphics setting but it doesn't make much difference. as I'm sure its not the graphics that slow it down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts