Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone,

I'm new to these forums so please forgive me if this has been discussed in the past (I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere else).

I'm looking for some software to do my own taxes (just for me, not a business or anything) on OS X. I'd like to avoid any Classic applications if possible, but if no software solutions exist I'll have to reinstall Classic and use it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

-Y

·
Registered
565 Posts
It's tax season again!

I don't know if Quicktax for 2002 taxes is made for OSX. Intuit's website doesn't state system requirements anywhere. I'm also growing very tired of using Quicktax year after year as the only Mac game in town. And, once again, I see that the Mac version of Quicktax is $10 more than the Windows version. I've bought Quicktax every year since 1998 and every year I go looking for something better for the Mac.

Grifftax has been around for a while but their product is written in Hypercard and is not OSX native. I haven't seen anything on their Website about 2002 taxes yet.

Peel Technologies has a neat idea. Do your taxes in an Excel spreadsheet. No way to file electronically, however.

If any one else has Mac tax software suggestions - other than Quicktax - I would appreciate hearing them.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Yeah it's tax time again.

I guess I'll wait till work gives out the free Quicktax software... unfortunately it's the PC version since work only uses PCs. Quicktax doesn't seem that bad. I find it rather nice how you give it all the T4 and other forms info, and it does all the work of filling in the return. Of course my tax info is rather simple.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
We get a free copy from work too, but my manger gets me a Mac version. I bet if you asked nicely they could get you one too!

--PB

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
There was another company that made AppleWorks spreadsheets for tax filing. I forget their name though. Again, you'll have to haul your butt to the post office to file though.

Here's the link:
Icicle Computer

[Edit] Oops, looks like they stopped producing them a few years ago. Sorry.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just to set the record strait with Intuit Standard Edition QuickTax pricing, it is really $20 cheaper on the PC. The regular price for PC's is $39.95 less a $10.00 rebate = $29.95. The Mac is $49.95 with no rebate. Having used QuickTax for several years.

I am truly disgusted with Intuit Canada. They just don't seem to care about Mac users. Every year they send me a snail mail with offers for PC's, knowing without a doubt that I am a Mac user. This year, I have no idea what they are doing, because I just got a letter totally in French!

I will probably get on the phone again this year and beg them to sell me the overpriced Mac Standard Quicktax, used one time a year, for a maximum of 6 returns. Pretty expensive, eh?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.