Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever want to get your hands dirty and find you've created something by the time you clean up?

There are now spaces available in the ceramics classes at the Koffler Centre of the Visual Arts. Hardly anyone knows that these classes exist because the Koffler does a lousy job of pr.

No one has asked me to pass the word. It's a lot of fun and I'd like more people to join in.

The Koffler classes are the only ones in TO that let you make and fire as many pieces as you create. (Most other ceramics classes limit the number of things you can fire and/or run the kilns only once or twice during the course. The Koffler runs the kilns as soon as they fill up and you can usually get your work back by your next class.)

Classes are for all levels and aren't structured -- just figure out what you want to do -- use the wheel, build by hand, sculpt -- and the instructor will get you started and be available for help as you go along. No age range -- groups include people from 20 hrough 92.

Contact the Koffler Visual Arts centre at 416-636-1880 and ask for the Koffler office. the Koffler Centre is located at the Bathurst Jewish Centre, but isn't part of it.

·
Premium Member
6,590 Posts
I used to like playing with clay... about 30 years ago now. I got accepted into Sheridan on the strength of my high school sculpture, but I'd also applied to OCA and got into there... chose the latter and, apart from doing some ceramics in my first year, I never revisited it. The problem at the time was that I didn't really understand how different ceramics is from sculpture in clay, and I wasn't into the wheel much and didn't go in much for slab constuctions and whatnot. I loved clay for its malleability and speed and I also dug the colours you could come up with in glazing. Guess in the end I became more of a 2D guy and never looked back. Clay is cool, though. I have fond memories.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts