Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,860 Posts
Sounds like the issue is with a loan app not Opera itself. Perhaps to some extent with Opera's inability to limit that apps access to other areas on the computer. I can't really take the logic leap and say that means Opera is engaged in shady practices.

That said; Why anyone would use an app to take a loan is way above and beyond my ability to comprehend. However it seems to me that a loan shark is still a loan shark even if you get the loan online.

·
Premium Member
18,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the issue is with a loan app not Opera itself.
The linked article notes that Opera was purchased by a Chinese firm, which has acted suspiciously. The original programmers of Opera have since moved on to create the Vivaldi browser.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
Pretty much exclusively use Chrome. For testing (I'm a web designer and developer) I used Safari, FireFox, Opera and Vivaldi.

I have a VPN, so I'm not sold on that with Opera - I would rather have it at the router level to cover everything.

·
Premium Member
17,860 Posts
The linked article notes that Opera was purchased by a Chinese firm, which has acted suspiciously. The original programmers of Opera have since moved on to create the Vivaldi browser.
As seems to be coming typical no mention of Vivaldi's system requirements.

Does it work with El-Cap or has it like Safari moved into the world of bleeding edge systems?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Big bad China. Somma youse need to watch the new John Pilger doc, The Coming War with China. The US needs enemies to fund its war industry.

Really?!? You care about data collection? Ummm, Google is sure the worst offender.

One of Opera's features (yes, I like it) is its VPN capabilities. Vivaldi works great, too, though I'm not sure about its obfuscation.

All those dang modern, high-security browsers keep me from mac-torrent-downloads.net.

Still bummed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.