Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a second 3CCD digital video camera to cover the dragraces this season. It is a Japanese "home market only" model and has mostly japanese symbols on the body. The menu is also pretty much all japanese. The owners manual is similarly indecipherable.

The camera is a Panasonic NV-DJ100 and is very similar to my trusty workhorse 3CCD AG-EZ1U. It even takes the same batteries. I've been reading about this camera for some time on the internet and jumped on it when one came up for sale in Vancouver. It has legendary picture quality, by all accounts, and is much sought after by prosumer digital video types like myself.

Now I need to find someone who can help with a bit of translation in order to use all of the features.

Anybody?

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Somebody?

I downloaded an english version of the owners manual from the net...but I could still use some help. Spanish or portugese I could handle....and I have enough friends who can speak cantonese or mandarin so that's no real problem. Japanese are pretty thin on the ground around here, though....

:eek:

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Somebody?

I downloaded an english version of the owners manual from the net...but I could still use some help. Spanish or portugese I could handle....and I have enough friends who can speak cantonese or mandarin so that's no real problem. Japanese are pretty thin on the ground around here, though....

:eek:

·
Canadian By Choice
117,646 Posts
Macnutt, as strange as this might sound, I think that if you send a picture of the camera to the Japanese consulate (I am sure there is one in Vancouver or Victoria), they might translate certain parts of the camera. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
17,987 Posts
You could always use Sherlock's built-in translation channel...

A friend asked me to find the translation of "frog" in chinese. I used Sherlock... but rather than receive a phonetic (i.e. translated-roman-letter) version, Sherlock gave me the pictogram. Though not what I wanted, it was still 'way cool :D

M

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mark! I hadn't thought of using sherlock. :D

I have a really old Mac Classic that someone gave me a while back. It was sold in japan and brought here by an exchange student, it has a keyborad that is both english and japanese. I had been planning to go through each symbol and try to find the english equivalent. Perhaps sherlock will be quicker. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts