Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been getting into building custom macs in vintage cases, and the Quadra 700 is one of the nicest vintage mac designs in my opinion. My plan would be to take out all of the internals and tape the apple to protect it, then take it to a body shop and get it smoothed and painted polar white, then to build a custom computer inside with good specs (New Quadcore i7, 8gb of Ram, 1gb VideoCard, 2 terabytes) seal it up, and run Mac Os X on it.

My biggest problem though, as you may have gathered from the title is that I do not have a Quadra 700, no local shops do in my area, and I have never seen one on ebay. If anyone has one, even if it is completely non functional and there is scuff marks all over the case, I will pay a good price for it, most likely up to 100 to 185 dollars. If you could help me out with this project out of the kindness of your heart to part with this peice of nostalgia, i would Greatly appreciate it.

Thanks For Your Time,
Chase

·
Vapour Trail
1,424 Posts
No 700, but I agree on appearance. I used to stand my IICX on end because it looked better that way to me. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No 700, but I agree on appearance. I used to stand my IICX on end because it looked better that way to me. Good luck with your project.
Do you still have that IICX, because a few minutes after I posted this I was researching the case and this came up. If you still have that I would be more than happy to pay the price I mentioned or any price you find is fair.

Thanks For the Reply,
Chase

·
Vapour Trail
1,424 Posts
Sorry...hope I haven't implied that I still own it. Traded up for a IICi, Quadra 650, and so on...

With 5 megs RAM and a 40meg drive, that IICX was THE most expensive Mac I ever owned. I think it was around $5,700 when I got it. Still have the April '89 Macworld magazine with it on the cover.

I'll email a buddy who deals in all things vintage Mac and get back here.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks So Much, After scourging eBay and kijiji for so long, having one moderately closer to my fingers is a relief. Thanks So Much!

Chase

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you interested in a IIsi ? Or perhaps any number of legacy Apple laptops, from the Portable to the Pismo?
Unfortunately I have no need for a IIsi, and portables are not useful for me... At the moment ;). Thank You For Your Time.

Chase

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have no words to how much I can convey my excitement. I will let all of my fellow ehmac members know about how this aquirey of a quadra 700 turns out (although I am still open to other people that have-these machines)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts