Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Hi Sonal,
If you want to get your script drawn then go comic websites, maybe Sheridan College, or OCAD, or visit some comic conventions. Post some notices or forum posts, state what you want done and what you can offer.
You could also join some comics groups at yahoo, those seem to be active.

If this book you wrote is not formatted for comics pages, you will have to rewrite it before it can be drawn. Remember comics are avisual medium, and sometimes the pictures will tell the story.

On the other hand, sometimes pictures aren't enough to comunicate any depth.
It's the combination of words and pictures that makes comics special.

You can check out Scott McCloud's book MAKING COMICS, and Will Eisner's book GRAPHIC STORYTELLING to help open your thinking in this medium.

Last Fall I published a romance antology of short comics stories called Romantic Eye http://www.markinnes.com/blindbatshop.html

This fall Im coming out with a trade paperback anthology of comics called THE COMIC EYE, it contains 168 pages of comics about..comics, about comic fans and making comics.
I have a first revision of a flash keynote slide show on my site to help explain the book http://www.markinnes.com/flashtest.html

At least one other ehmac member did some work on The Comic Eye

Oh and nowadays printing your comic in small runs by digital print on demand will work well for you. places like comixpress, Ka-Blam and Lulu can do great work cheap and sell it on their own sites

· Premium Member
1,462 Posts
also consider this
take lots of photos of people who could be characters in the story and places and props that could be used in your story and use them to work from in Photoshop or Painter or what have you
This may be something you could do yourself using photos and computer graphics without much drawing skill, just some design flair.
Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.