Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Never used it.
But in my younger days in jr. high (were they had macs) I played around with key stroke grabbers and had lots of questionable fun. You can download a grabber for free from like tucows, or download.com

On funy prank is to take a screen shot of the desktop and then make a million HD icons, so they can not find there HD icon.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
a variation of the icon gag is the one where you copy the trash icon about 40 times and then move the trash to another part of the screen, I guess in osx you could only fake the dock on maultiple sides
silly and annoying

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here is a classic gag (OS9 or earlier) that I never had the chance to to inflict on anyone.

1. Open the "Apple Menu Items" folder and locate 'Shut Down'. Yes, it's actually an app.
2. Make an alias of 'Shut Down' and then toss it into the victims 'Startup' folder.
3. Now whenever that person starts up their Mac, it immediately shuts down again.
:D

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
thats a nasty one, you really have to get a startup CD to fix that, it would reaaly peeve me.
BTW Do you need to put each startup item in their own folder in X, I tried putting an alias in there and it wouldnt let me?

·
Registered
168 Posts
By minnes;
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> BTW Do you need to put each startup item in their own folder in X <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven't played around too much with the startup folder in X so I'm not sure. Speaking of startup, is there a way to have a custom startup screen in X? I've always loved creating those personal items.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Ive read about people that have don their own start up pics in X, I dont have a clue.
I added a startup item for MySql server and it made a folder in the Startupitems folder and put the alias in their, that works fine so maybe you have to make everything in subfolders. ???

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by minnes:
thats a nasty one, you really have to get a startup CD to fix that, it would reaaly peeve me.
BTW Do you need to put each startup item in their own folder in X, I tried putting an alias in there and it wouldnt let me?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you can bypass that if you hold down the keyboard combo for bringing up the extension manager and disabling that. No ned for a startup CD...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts