Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it advertised on TV last night so I jumped on iTunes and grabbed the album. 25 songs, 1 documentary, 5 music videos and digital booklet for $18.99.

My digital booklet doesn't work, but the album is great!

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
I saw it advertised on TV last night so I jumped on iTunes and grabbed the album. 25 songs, 1 documentary, 5 music videos and digital booklet for $18.99.

My digital booklet doesn't work, but the album is great!
If they'd let me have the album as original without all the after-thought bullcrap, I' d have bought it already. I wore it out on cassette years ago. But I don't want the "extras".....

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
Also - interesting bit re: the new Kelly Clarkson album, for those who are fans. If you pre-order, not only do you get three "bonus" tracks, you get a fourth "bonus" track (why the distinction? I dunno.) and - here's the interesting part - a password to access "exclusive seating" via Ticketmaster.

This could be an interesting progression as more artists / labels start offering these bonus bonus bits.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I was only 12 and just started listening to music on my own when I first heard of them, and wondered why people were so obsessed with these old foggies. I later learned that they were all legendary rockers. I thought their music at the time was okay. I remembered a few of the singles that got released when I first heard of them. Last year, I bought the Jenny Lewis album, and she did a cover of "Handle With Care" and it brought me back. I'm thinking how many of her fans actually know this song before she sang it?!

I'll probably go out and actually buy the CD.

·
Indigent Academic
8,115 Posts
............ I wore it out on cassette years ago. But I don't want the "extras".....
Downloading as we speak..... Looked more closely at the deal and got hooked all over again. :clap:

"Tweeter & the Monkey Man" is still my fave.. :D

·
Palindromic Pooch
10,621 Posts
Nope, I don't buy the Traveling Wilburys at all. I don't buy that any of them are Wilburys, and I'm fairly certain that two of them are pretty much done traveling.:-(

(But I will be making the iTunes purchase soon.)

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
My wife heard a radio special (weekend canned programming) on Saturday night. She wanted to purchase it. i went to iTunes then and no Wilburys tracks available but got a hit instead of the usual 0 returns. I thought strange. i forgot about it until I saw this thread. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention.

·
Premium Member
1,150 Posts
I was only 12 and just started listening to music on my own when I first heard of them, and wondered why people were so obsessed with these old foggies. I later learned that they were all legendary rockers. I thought their music at the time was okay. I remembered a few of the singles that got released when I first heard of them. Last year, I bought the Jenny Lewis album, and she did a cover of "Handle With Care" and it brought me back. I'm thinking how many of her fans actually know this song before she sang it?!

I'll probably go out and actually buy the CD.
Well, I'm one who knew the song beforehand... pretty popular song in the late 80's.

I think the Jenny Lewis album is spectacular, and probably the best album I listened to last year, but could completely pass on her version of the song. Her version has a faster tempo, and comes off as being rather rushed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts