Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

any way to use one keyboard?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Aero 
#1 ·
rearranged my work deskspace and now I have less space as I have my mac, my pc and my scanner and an external cd-rw on it. I now constantly have to move the keyboard and mouse away of which ever computer I'm not using to add room.

Is there anyway I can have one keyboard and one mouse for both my pc and mac and switch it to whichever I'm using?

#8 ·
You could also use KMRemoteControl, a software solution for Mac/Windows that uses the keyboard and mouse on on computer to control others over the network.

I used to use this a few years ago, but since then I've moved all the spare computers into my basement and I just remote control them, so I don't have a need for local keyboard/mouse sharing. You save a lot of space, as well as reduce noise and heat by putting those boxes in another room altogether. Of course, if you're using both of them for games, then you don't have much choice but to get a KVM switch.

#12 ·
hak.5 featured this a few months back.

Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).

Here's a gui version.
SynergyOSX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.