Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any reasons why they haven't update Jaguar from 10.2 or 10.2.1 to the latest 10.2.3? What should one expect by updating? How is there better functionality? Speed improvements? Bugs?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Most people haven't found a problem with 10.2.3, but it seem RtC has had the most problems with the Jaguar Updates.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I have not had one problem with Jaguar. Any of the updates. I did have a problem updating to Jaguar though. My fault though. I have only had a couple programs crash on me.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Overall, I've seen speed improvements.
Ever since I've upgraded to the 10.2.1 and 10.2.3 I'm having problems with OS X freezing up to 2 to 3 times a day (I'm use to it, I had Win XP) and I get a kernel panic when my PB comes off of sleep (don't use sleep any more) which forced me to restart the PB. :(
I prefer OS X over OS 9, my PB boots into OS X.
The only time I use OS 9 is when I need to print something (my HP printer won't work in OS X) and some graphic apps that I use, and to play DVD's. :D

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I ran the 10.2.3 Combo update early this morning. It took some 7 hours to download on dial up. Everything went smooth. Now running fine. Hope I don't have any problems with sleep. I use the sleep option alot.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by csonni:
Well, I ran the 10.2.3 Combo update early this morning. It took some 7 hours to download on dial up. Everything went smooth. Now running fine. Hope I don't have any problems with sleep. I use the sleep option alot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My only complaint -- after updating to 10.2.3, my G3 couldn't sleep without crashing thereafter.

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Jumped from 10.1.5 to 10.2.3 and loving it... no freezes, no crashes, no lost data
and a bit of a speed boost. Not bad on an old iBook...

:D
M

·
Registered
433 Posts
my ibook has been finicky. i freeze up sometimes (once of twice every three days or so), and get the odd kernel panic. i want 10.2.4.

Phil

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I haven't had any problems with 10.2.3 that were related to the OS. I've had some programs crash here and there, but that's pretty normal. Word likes to crash, but auto-recovery works well, so I don't usually lose anything. Yeah! I guess MS knows their stuff will crash, so they have a contingency plan.

Under 10.1.5, my computer would not like waking up after she put herself to sleep. Now I don't let her go to sleep on her own, anymore. I tuck her in and close her lid and she goes to sleep. Then, after a while, I quietly wake her up and she's ready to go.

I guess if she doesn't get tucked in, she wakes up all grumpy. Come to think of it, I think my wife is the same way.

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts