Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any applications for OS X that allow you to view and print Power Point slides? I've seen a couple windows programs like this, and an explorer plug-in but a version tracker search turned up nothing for OS X.

Reason being, I have a class where the prof posts all the lecture slides online prior to the class (with fill in the blank sections). Having these notes printed out ends up being a lot more organized than having to read through pages of handwritten notes come exam time.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For a minute I even tossed around the idea of buying Keynote, but then I recalled that lack of funds in the bank during these post-christmas, new iBook times. Plus, there is a zero percent chance of me doing any presentations any time in the next few years.

Jobs is a hustler man.
"Sell ice in winter, fire in hell, I am a hustler baby I'd sell water to a well."

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. Warren:
Are there any applications for OS X that allow you to view and print Power Point slides? I've seen a couple windows programs like this, and an explorer plug-in but a version tracker search turned up nothing for OS X. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can OpenOffice read PowerPoint files? I have OpenOffice but no PowerPoint files to view. Send me a private message with an URL to download a file if you want me to try it out.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
There is a free Powerpoint 98 viewer for OS 9. It's old and I don't know whether it will run in Classic. Should be on the Microsoft site.

Keynote doesn't import complex Powerpoint slide files very reliably (when it works, it does a good job).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did and it works great.

It took a bit of searching on that microsoft site to find it but a google search eventually led me in the right direction.

Not sure about the printing options yet, but we'll see.
Thanks everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts