Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd give any MMA fans a heads up that Georges St.Pierre will be at Philthy McNasty's in Burlington tomorrow from 11am-4pm for photos and autographs.

Please I beg of u GSP, give me a autograf, please GSP please!
(Sorry best French accent I could muster ;))

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
JumboJones said:
Just thought I'd give any MMA fans a heads up that Georges St.Pierre will be at Philthy McNasty's in Burlington tomorrow from 11am-4pm for photos and autographs.

Please I beg of u GSP, give me a autograf, please GSP please!
(Sorry best French accent I could muster ;))
I'm a big fan of MMA and also GSP.

I can't wait for GSP Hughes III. Please, please, please have the fight in Montreal.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rumour has it that there still will be a PPV in Montreal but it may not be a title shot against the champ.

I would rather see Serra beat Hughes and have a GSP vs. Serra 2, vengence shall be had!

Just a reminder, tomorrow is UFC 70, free on Spike TV, can't wait to see Bisbing and Alofski in action again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was disappointed with GSP against Serra. I didn't think he was his usual self. Maybe he took Serra lightly, or maybe Serra is better than I thought.

I am glad to see Couture doing well again.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob777 said:
I am glad to see Couture doing well again.
He is definently a fan favourite, but I don't see him winning against Cro Cop.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
MMA is like a roadside accident for me. While I don't really "support it" I can't help but watch. I like to watch the UFC reality show too. Mrs. ehMax however, does not approve. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has come a long way, it is much more a sport than it was before, very technical. Has certainly killed my intrest in 'rasslin!"

My wife quite likes the show, and the PPV's but she ends up falling asleep most of the time.

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
That's too bad for Mirko. The underdog wins again. Crazy. He said before the fight that he only wanted to fight 4 more times. Now that he lost, he might not be interested in making a comeback.

Bisping showed a pretty impressive ground and pound game. His standup looked a little sloppy to me, which is why he got caught with that knee.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya it has been the year of the underdog for sure. Couture, Serra and now Gonzaga.

That happened to Bisbing on the UF Finale too, but came back. He is very anxious, needs to lean some restraint, but it makes for an exciting fight. Too bad we can't say that about Arlofski, he has really gotten gun shy.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Nasty kick! The second one I've see this year that KO'd a guy out of know where.

Sadly, I missed it on Spike last night. I hope they show another one for free down the road.

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
zoziw said:
Nasty kick! The second one I've see this year that KO'd a guy out of know where.

Sadly, I missed it on Spike last night. I hope they show another one for free down the road.
UFC72 is free as well. The show will be in Ireland.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Vandave said:
UFC72 is free as well. The show will be in Ireland.
I'll definitely try to catch that one.

Any word on a replay of last night?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
That is the single most disgusting display of violence I have ever witnessed. Anyone who is a fan of this so called "sport" needs to rethink their values as a human being.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
JumboJones said:
It's going to be replayed at 8pm on Spike.
Is that EST? All I got is CSI episodes until 11:30pm (well, one Oblivious episode) and then Rocky V.

·
Premium Member
3,702 Posts
SINC said:
That is the single most disgusting display of violence I have ever witnessed. Anyone who is a fan of this so called "sport" needs to rethink their values as a human being.
What particular aspect do you find disgusting?

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At least you know what you are getting into when become a competitor in the UFC. Where as this could happen to you at anytime by some goon in the NHL, where fighting is "part of the game".

How many drunken street brawls have happened after a UFC PPV? I haven't heard of any, where your other "sports" like NHL, NBA, MLB and we can't forget your Soccer fans, happens constantly. You might want to look at the "human beings" watching those sports before passing judgment on the fans of the UFC.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I myself am not really a fan of MMC. I kickbox, do Karate (the fighting aspect of both is what drives me) Play hockey; again I like to find when needed. However, MMA does not interest me. MMA is street fighting with a referee, IMO.

Some of the original MMA with Hoyce Gracie wasn't that bad because there was more skill and structured fighting.

Now they get on the ground, wrestle around until someone is knocked out or submits.

I have friends who go nuts over it but I have seen half an event in the last 5 years.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like it because you know what you are getting. Guys go into the match knowing they could knock out someone or be knocked out. There are no surprises. This is one sport where they truly do it because they love it. Back in the beginning the competitors were very specialized and it was interesting to see how some skilled in Karate handled someone who was an expert in JuJitsu (I think I spelled that right). Over time the competitors become familiar with many styles, picking and choosing which aspects to master. At first I was against weight categories and rounds, but I think by doing that it made it more legitimate.

Another aspect I find appealing is that the competitors seem to be very good sports. Other than the odd rivalry or trash talk before a fight they seem to get along with each other. Rarely does it happen that the guys don't congratulate each other at the end of a fight, win or lose. And if someone does stay down for an extended period of time there always seems to be concern from his opponent. Don't get me wrong, this happens in other sports as well, it isn't exclusive to MMA.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. I don't really like hockey, so I don't watch it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts