Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was hoping the iPod mini would score less than $200CDN so I could convince my department to get us a few for our draw in the next month, but with the pricing of iPod mini higher than anticipated, that's got to go.

Does anyone have any ideas about what a university student would love to have, either living on residence or at home, male or female, within the budget of $200 dollars?

So far, I've got Palm pilots, digital cameras, Mini HiFi, computer speakers, and mobile phones.... anything else? Seems a bit techy... Girls might be offended. I would love to hear from you guys.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
30,889 Posts
What about a gift certificate for HMV or something along that line where the winner can pick and choose. :cool:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was thinking about a gift certificate too.. but the problem is, they would be inclined to use all of it. i've got a budget of $200 PER prize, so I am inclined to give all of it to students.

giving them $200 to HMV would never get pass my directors.

-phil

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm bursting with ideas! How about:
- Luggage set
- Leather office chair
- iTunes certificate
- Tom Hortons coffeemaker & coffee
- A "food hamper" from a supermarket, put into a Rubbermaid container
- Fuel certificates from a gas station
- Microwave oven & toaster oven
- Eliptical exercise machine
- Credit at Amazon.ca
- Cookware set

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
An ipod shuffle or nano with an itunes card? The ipod shuffle or nano is useful for working out and doing chores. My son uses the ipod shuffle despite having an ipod touch 4th for workouts.
Seriously? This thread hasn't been posted to in over 8 years.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
My bet is that a spammer revived the thread and a mod removed the spam post which was likely right above the post by JCCanuck who did not notice the date when he responded to the spammer's post. It would help immensely if the mods made a short post that read: "Spam removed after thread revived by spammer" to alert members not to post in the thread.

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
go to best buy..

What is HMV? I thought they all closed down.. ;) [ or seriously about too, most of them closed or downsized to a kiosk size ]

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
That's hilarious. I started and read "iPod Mini" and thought, WTF, they haven't called an iPod Mini in years. And Palm Pilots? I should really look at the dates :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
XX)
That's hilarious. I started and read "iPod Mini" and thought, WTF, they haven't called an iPod Mini in years. And Palm Pilots? I should really look at the dates :)
I thought the same thing, and now the HMV, oh man! To many late nights.:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts