Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to send my mom the stones dvd set (exclusive to Futureshop/BestBuy) through online shipping. I barely trust these people in person so I have my reservations about unseen stuff.
Has this worked for others here?
(ps.: I've used Amazon, Chapters, Videoflicks, etc., in the past. Online shopping/shipping isn't the problem, just not many smooth experiences with Futureshop.)

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
I haven't had have any problems with shopping FS online... in fact, I prefer to order online rather than go in person. *shudder*

I tend to get recently released DVDs from them (usually boxed sets as they tend to ship them to arrive the day of release, if not a day or two after) at a (sometimes) slightly better price than going to another store in person.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,378 Posts
Archangel, I have been using Futureshop online for about 3+ years, and I have never once experienced a bit of trouble. When things are backordered, they are not charged to my Visa, and I have gotten every item that I ordered. As well, it is quick. I ordered the new Lord of the Rings DVD set when it was just released in Nov. and a week later I was placing it in my son's Christmas gift cache. I have used Visa, and their debit cards, and a combo of both, and never once was the order fooled up.

So, count me as a fan of their online shop. In fact, I actually ordered something at the store and was given a three-week waiting period, and I ordered it online, and it was shipped from Vancouver on Mon. and I received it on Thursday. That's exceptional service, IMHO.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Never ordered from them online, could be because there's some funky interaction between Safari and FS's website that annoys the hell out of me.

After doing a search of their website, clicking on returned links does nothing unless I option-click and "open in new tab/window". This behaviour is 100% repeatable on both my Macs. Drives me nuts.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

My wife used the Futureshop online store once and she had no problems.

She was taking advantage of their free shipping policy. She ordered a CD and had it sent to Quyon, Quebec. Of course, FS called her to confirm that she wanted to have the CD sent there. This was very reasonable considering my wife was living in Prince George, BC, which has a FS store.

She probably saved about $5 by not having to go to the store, package the item, go to the postal outlet, and have it shipped out by Canada Post.

James

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I ordered my router from FutureShop online. Painless and easy. Much better then if I had gone to them in person and got it. Also it was free shipping, and that was right when Canada Post was ready to go on strike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After doing a search of their website, clicking on returned links does nothing unless I option-click and "open in new tab/window". This behaviour is 100% repeatable on both my Macs. Drives me nuts.
i have the same problem. good thing it seems to be their website and not just my computer.
actually i've noticed that the only links that don't work right are the search results. i found that clicking the "future shop" logo in the top left (i think, or similar unchanging links) still works right. they must just not have very compatible website code...

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
Never ordered from them online, could be because there's some funky interaction between Safari and FS's website that annoys the hell out of me.
i have the same problem. good thing it seems to be their website and not just my computer.
actually i've noticed that the only links that don't work right are the search results. i found that clicking the "future shop" logo in the top left (i think, or similar unchanging links) still works right. they must just not have very compatible website code...
I THREE have experienced problems at FS's site. :(

·
Registered
609 Posts
Use Explorer with FutureShop site
Safari has problems with the Java scripts used there...

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
Sorry to keep banging this drum but I can't stand IE - it's bloated and slow. When I must browse the Futureshop website, I use Mozilla Firebird. It works just fine, and at about the same speed as Safari.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Sorry Daycus,

We need more folk like you around other branches of FutureShop.

It seems that over the past several years I've been told by various FS employees that Macs aren't worth buying (once in Moncton, NB -- I was looking at the last of Macs as they began to phase out Apple products; 1996-97 I believe); and again here in Ottawa (2001) when a friend asked me to help him find a good deal on a Mac (we checked out any and every Mac seller in Ottawa). And I overheard two employees on a separate occasion talking something about "Why are we even selling this crap?"

It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth when I'm carrying several hundred dollars of mac-related products in my basket.

But, so it goes. You can't expect everyone to carry the same values as yourself. At the end of the day, I'm happy with the product(s) I buy and that's the bottom line.

·
Registered
656 Posts
glad to see my company's providing good service, however this may put me out of a job selling!

oh, and we're not all that bad, mannp!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts