Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people...i have been having a problem that keeps resurfacing here and there. I think it has to do with messenger and possibly the new intel chips in the MBP. I never had any problems with the PPC chip.

Question: Is anyone here running msn (latest download) on a MBP? (latest version of MBP?) If so, are you having any problems?

When I close the lid, I am hearing a repetitive beeping sound...almost as if a key is being held down. With the lid closed, I don't see anything obstructing any keys.

HELP? Please?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So what is Adium exactly? Is it stable?

As for troubleshooting steps: I have cleared the P&R ram, closed the program itself, re-opened. Just off the phone with apple tech support and she instructed me to remove the battery, power chord and reset the comp.via power button. I did that...but the msn problem persists. My cousin has msn on his macbook, but does not have the same issues. It's almost constant now, msn is running, i put the comp. to sleep and the repetitive beeps occur. The question comes down to: 'why on my MBP only and not on others?

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I use MSN on my MBP just fine. Adium's too complex... if they made a simple light version I'd consider it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dona83... okay..so you are using it no problem. Do you ever have msn running, as the active window and close the lid to put the computer to sleep? That's when I encounter this beeping problem.

OR...do you always quite msn before putting the comp. to sleep?

Please advise

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts