Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
This thread brings back fond memories. I once owned the original 2B. It was coupled with various components along the way from a Dynaco pre-amp, an Advent receiver (pre out), a Philips turntable, an Ariston turntable, an Otari reel to reel, stacked Advent (original) speakers and Chartwell LS3/5a speakers.
I currently own a PS Audio Elite integrated amp (wanting to upgrade the amp section as well) a Rotel 850 CD player with a Mission outboard D/A converter and the same LS3/5A speakers with a twin driver subwoofer.
If you need to compromise a bit on the pre-amp section to pay for the Bryston amp. I have a PS Audio 4.5 pre-amp for sale for $350. It is better than the Cambridge and has a fabulous phono section. Macdoc and I used to have a lot of fun with audio gear back in the 70s and both worked in the wholesale audio trade. As a hobby business, I still import and distribute replacement phono styli and cartridges. I've purchased another Ariston RD11 turntable and am looking forward to listening to all the great vinyl I've been gathering up at cheap prices.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.