Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trying, unsuccessfully, to find a Wii for sale in Fredericton, I finally managed to pick one up yesterday.

My 6-year-old son, my wife, and I have been having fun bowling, racing cows, and learning to used the Wiimote. These really are great toys.

What I'd like to know is what, if anything, I can do to take advantage of the Mac's I also have available... I found a program that will allow you to copy movies to an SD card, and then play them through your Wii, for example (I haven't tried it yet, because I didn't get an SD card for the Wii). Is there any way to do this by streaming from the Mac? Are there any other cool/usefull things one might do to utilize the Macs through the Wii or visa/versa?

Also, I'd be most appreciative of any suggestions for 'must have' games to look out for. All we have at the moment is Wii Sports and Wii Play. I'm thinking Raving Rabbids may be a good one to get next.

Cheers

(p.s. I tried to search the fourms for relevant stuff before I posted this, but 'Wii' is too short a search term... sorry if this has been discussed to death previously)

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,530 Posts
You should check out WiiMedia Center X. It allows for streaming through the Opera browser and a few other nifty things as well.

I highly recommend Sonic and the Secret Rings for the Wii.. fantastic use of the controller.. and absolutely fun for adults and kids alike.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Google Search "WiiSaber Mac OS X"

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very interesting... thanks.

I just finished getting my butt kicked at golf by my 6-year-old. So he thinks the Wii is about the best thing that's ever happened.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.