Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple Care Document

".....compatibility issue between Quark Xpress 4 and the ATI Radeon 7500 video card, where the system stops responding when a picture is dragged using the content tool...."

·
Registered
454 Posts
Once again. I LOVE InDesign 2. What ever you do don't use InDesign 1.5 it wasn't very good. Go straight to InDesign 2.

InDesign is my favorite program.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Maybe it's time I started to build my commercial files in InDesign again. I've been using it occasionally since version 1, but found it had too many bugs. Then again, Quark 4.0 had more bugs then you could shake a stick at too, I'm concerned about what flaws Quark 6 will have, and I've already got InDesign 2.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
What makes it so nivce? I've been staring @ it for a hot minute now. I wactually will get it. Not sure whay I'm sitting on it. So, details - I need to hear testimonials from a live user, instead of PDF propaganda.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick:
Once again. I LOVE InDesign 2. What ever you do don't use InDesign 1.5 it wasn't very good. Go straight to InDesign 2.

InDesign is my favorite program.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are a couple things I like about indesign.

Adobe interface - they may not be the best but when you use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign you kinda know where things are. (I use GoLive but it doesn't follow all the rules)

Drop Shadow - Easy, easy, easy drop shadow.

I works like QuarkXpress - But it works, and learning curve from Quark to InDesign is a very low curve.

If you buy a new PowerMac you can get it for free.

OS X Native - OS X Native - OS X Native

Export to PDF function

I have used Quark 3.2 and up including 5.0, 5.0 is on my machine but I have not gone back.

I have not had one problem with any of the Printer Services yet. And if I did I would just call another one.

I will think of a couple more real life experiences..........

·
Registered
383 Posts
InDesign 2 absolutely eats XPress's lunch.

I never REALLY liked XPress, but it was the best thing out there in my opinion. For years, I promoted XPress and taught XPress, but all new work is being done in InDesign, and I love it.

InDesign may have a few pimples, but XPress has pimples, warts, boils and scabs. Innovation is next to non-existent, support is brutal, when hell freezes over and they finally release a new version, it is buggy as all get out. The buggy releases are about the only thing Quark seems to get right.

If it weren't for all of the third party companies filling in all of XPress's gaping holes, they'd have died long ago. They are rapidly losing marketshare and I couldn't be happier.

B

·
Premium Member
2,788 Posts
Table ar eamazing in INDesign! imports excel spreadsheets effortlessly. This is a real bonus for anyone working in the financial industry. Unfortunately, Quark has the advantage of a huge catalogue of third party plug ins that can do some great things. I use one in particular that makes french translation a breeze. So I am using indesign on projects that require complex tables, and quark for everything else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts