Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit of a launcher fanatic. The first thing I did after switching to OS X fulltime, was buy Fruit Menu. There are a bunch of other good one's... MaxMenus, LaunchBar, DragThing, to name but a few. They all compliment or replace the Dock quite nicely.
Today I came across one I'd never heard of before, and the power and thoroughness of it amazed me. It's called "Another Launcher", and can be downloaded here...

http://www.petermaurer.de/nasi.php?thema=launcher&sprache=english

It's quite powerful, and I just wanted to make sure others could check it out, since it seems to have been lost in the launcher shuffle. I actually find it a bit intimidating because of all it's features, but it seems like a very good add-on for OS X.

-Howie

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
It takes the cmd-space "hot key" combo away from LaunchBar! {wagging finger} Bad Another Launcher, bad! {/wagging finger} ;)

Seriously, though, looks like a great app, but not to my tastes. Too busy an interface with too much to set up or tweak. The price is perfect, though, definitely a case of getting way more than you pay for.

Like you, gwilikers, as soon as I bought OS X I bought a finder/launcher/dock enhancer/replacer: LaunchBar, which you are familiar with. I've never looked back. I absolutely love LB and can't work effectively on a Mac that doesn't have it installed - spoiled. One of the greatest things about LB is how it searches your hard drive and returns what you are looking for with, more often than not, 1-3 key presses, it does it instantly (no lag) and requires no set up (although you can tweak it if you like). LB is the closest thing I've seen to real magic. Some people bawk at the price, seems high "for what it does". In my humble opinion, though, I think the price is spot on because it is more than just an efficient way to search/launch on OS X it actually completely changes the way you interact with your Mac, for the better.

Sorry, I don't say this to poo-poo on Another Launcher! It does many things LB does not. You just got me on the subject of "launchers" and I can't stop singing the praises of LB anytime the subject comes up! ;)

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with, or related to, the makers of LaunchBar, nor do I get any commission on sales of the software.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.