Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Ann Coulter - stupidity du jour

2K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Snapple Quaffer 
#1 ·
from "1 DOWN, 11,999,999 TO GO"
by Ann Coulter
August 22, 2007

"Liberals know they're losing the demographic war. Christians have lots of children and adopt lots of children; liberals abort children and encourage the gay lifestyle in anyone with a flair for color."

#2 · (Edited)
She's completely toxic.

I've been watching the lunar eclipse, with a perfect view from my balcony. I wish Ann would disappear like the moon is right now.

Oh, and, O'REILLY can follow right behind her.

:ptptptptp

#4 ·
She may be vitrolic, but she's right.

Red states are out breeding blue states by a significant margin. The abortion divide between Liberals and Conservatives plays a role. Religion, strong family values also plays a role.

I'm not going to weigh in on the morality of abortion. It's a circular exercise in Internet futility.

But it is completely understandable that populations that kill off their young before birth are likely to have a slower population growth than states with populations that largely reject that notion.

As for her shot at the gay and lesbian community, that's just the usual invective.

#6 · (Edited)
Red states are out breeding blue states by a significant margin. The abortion divide between Liberals and Conservatives plays a role. Religion, strong family values also plays a role.
Do you have any evidence to back this up? I thought that WASP America is essentially in the same boat as Canada... drastically shrunken family sizes (especially compared to the 50s, 60s and 70s) and that the largest factor in population surges is immigration; new immigrants typically favour much larger family sizes than the landed gentry.

I am not disagreeing that the anti-abortion/family values factor constitutes a significant difference, but I do have to contest the notion that the red votes are inevitably going to go the way of the dodo simply by virtue of birth rates.

#5 ·
NB: I think comments like this are more likely to inflame when they are essentially true. Coulter may not be right about the "flare for color" but her prediction will haunt Spec when the U.S. "Red States" completely dominate all U.S. elections.

#14 ·
So MF, are you saying that women don't have the right to choose what they do with their bodies? And more specifically with the right to choose to have an abortion or not...
Answer that one instead of diverting...

#16 ·
ArtistSeries wrote
In that case, I say remove the little cells and see how long they survive on their own.
I have two daughters and I was there when they were born. Neither would have survived very long on their own either... nor would you at their age for that matter.

A baby which has to be born three months early has a good shot of survival today... unless it is decided that the foetus should be aborted, in which case our technology makes the process as clean and painless as possible. The baby we keep is a human being with a right to life. But the foetus we abort is just a bunch of cells that we can discard. They may look the same and even be the same... so it's very important we use proper language to keep them distinct: baby vs foetus, kill vs abort, prolife vs antichoice etc. I'm glad you have the terms straight.

#20 ·
A baby which has to be born three months early has a good shot of survival today... unless it is decided that the foetus should be aborted, in which case our technology makes the process as clean and painless as possible. The baby we keep is a human being with a right to life. But the foetus we abort is just a bunch of cells that we can discard. They may look the same and even be the same... so it's very important we use proper language to keep them distinct: baby vs foetus, kill vs abort, prolife vs antichoice etc. I'm glad you have the terms straight.
Let me first say, I'm pro-choice (btw, prolife is antichoice, you mean prolife and prochoice). People make mistakes or are raped or need it to live, w/e the reason, a person has the choice in the end.

The problem I have is with people who rebrand words to avoid what is really happening, abort is killing. Baby, Foetus, Embryo, in the end they are human.

Abort is defined like so
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=abort said:
S: (v) abort (terminate before completion) "abort the mission"; "abort the process running on my computer"
S: (v) abort (cease development, die, and be aborted) "an aborting fetus"
S: (v) abort (terminate a pregnancy by undergoing an abortion)
Killing is defined, in the context of death as
http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=killing said:
S: (v) kill (cause to die; put to death, usually intentionally or knowingly) "This man killed several people when he tried to rob a bank"; "The farmer killed a pig for the holidays"
I wouldn't be surprised if abort(pregnancy) came after people didn't like 'kill' and it was rebranded (speculation, not fact). Abort can also be used to describe a application process that you 'kill'. The definitions are logically the same, the only difference is that it applies to a unborn human.

Speaking of proper language, a fetus is in the later development stages of a vertabrae (human or not), the early stages, which include "a bunch of [organized] cells" stage, is called an embryo, but an embryo can also show signs of intelligent, as I previously said.

Rebranding does not change what you are doing.

#19 · (Edited)
Beej: Maybe you're right. Perhaps I do hate children and I'm expressing it in an oblique fashion.

Do you think AS would like me better if I stated adamantly that I believe that "women have the right to choose whether they kill their progeny inside them?"

#28 ·
I am male, I am atheist and I am pro choice, pro womens rights and not afraid to declare that.

In fact, I did so last summer to a group of right to life protesters who were staging a protest at a busy Vancouver street corner with their graphic posters depciting aborted foetuses.

More to the point, I did so with my three young children in tow. Unwanted, unloved and underprivileged children do not make the world a better place.

There's a tough decision Ann! But I own it because it's based on fact and personal experience. Unlike the hatred and intolerance you preach.

#29 ·
I'm increasingly convinced that Ann Coulter is an elaborate send-up of the American Right Wing Nutbars. If she weren't reasonably attractive, it wouldn't work, but the fact that she's pretty get's her more opportunities to do her routine, which serves to further polarize the American public into those who don't understand the simplistic hateful rhetoric is a joke and those who do.

It would be comic genius if it weren't' causing so much strife.

Cheers

P.S. Good on ya, Deep Blue! I am also male, atheist, pro-choice and pro-women's rights (and pro-children's rights). But I'm not sure I'd have the guts to stand up to a bunch of irrational religious protesters who may include the type of people who believe in conversion by the sword. I'm not saying you shouldn't get in these people's faces, but don't give them too much personal information or they may try to follow you home.

#31 ·
If she weren't reasonably attractive, it wouldn't work, but the fact that she's pretty get's her more opportunities to do her routine,
When it comes to right wing American nutbars, she doesn't even need to be attractive! They have Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Pat Robertson, the bow tie wearing dude that used to be on CNN but has since disappeared, the crazy woman that ran against the Governator (and lost brutally), and Don Imus...

And she is kind of hot looking; until she opens her annoying mouth and starts rambling about whatever springs into her brain cell. I so want to stuff a bunch of socks in her mouth whenever she is on TV. Even that CNN dude James Carville, who loves Bill Clinton is less annoying, even when he is kissing Clinton's a$$.

#30 ·
I try to be polite but forceful with my convictions. On this issue, I feel solid even with my children (who I love to bits) by my side.

But could I have loved them the same way and been as good a dad as I try to be as a younger less responsible man?

I doubt it.

Pro choice, pro kids. Those contradictory viewpoints can cohabitate. I'm forever moving along crack heads, johns and ho's in my East Vancouver neighbourhood so some right to lifers is just more of the same. (I once had some crack head come after me when I asked him to cease and desist from pissing on a wall across the road from an elementary school while the children were out playing. I was walking my baby daughter in a pram at the time and he still attacked me. Called 911 when I got home after he followed me and their response was, "well what do you want us to do?" Welcome to Vancouver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.