Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
WOW!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: That is COOL!!!

It just needs to let the keyboard extend more...or have it slid off a shelf as it lowers and go wireless!!! THAT would be the bomb! ;) :D

·
Premium Member
30,887 Posts
Doesn't turn my crank at all.

Reminds me of the original Apple Portable in overall look.

That keyboard is in way too tight. Why would you take this over an iBook or powerbook.

Sony lawnchair IMNSHO :D

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Clever, but I wouldn't like to use it all day long. At least Sony deserves some credit for their design work. It still runs Windows, though, which sours the whole deal as far as I'm concerned.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Not very good to use on your laptop, but well suited as a portable desktop. The viewing position looks much better than a conventional laptop.

I think this will by a practical alternative for some people.

·
Premium Member
4,485 Posts
This looks to me like a kitchen computer. You know, the ones that sit on the counter in an eat-in kitchen. you can watch a movie while eating, listen to music, check email, web browse, store recipes etc. Needs to have a tv tuner as well so that it's a fully functional common room unit.

I use my iBook this way but find the form factor unappealing for this use (not to mention needing external speakers and a usb tv tuner). My old CRT iMac was good for this but was too big. I've always wanted a mac that could do all of these things in an interesting form factor. Too bad you can't run OSX on intel processors, because this would rock.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Marks for design, though praticality is a little suspect. Is that supposed to be portable?? Can someone find me the case that it's supposed to fit in? I see the handle... Not sure that this unit will look as good once some wires are poking out the sides of the monitor. Macdoc is right - it does look like a lawn chair.

H!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I like it. something different.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was made for the japanese market where people live in small apartments and are customed to using things and then putting them away for space (futons, etc.) so, it makes sense.

p.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Looks lile a combo product: portable computer and TV (is that a remote on the first picture?).

Indeed reminds me of three products:

- The first Apple luggable (circa 1989?)
- The first generation of orange screen Toshiba luggables (1990?)
- The current model of HP vertical scanner (now that is a cool home product)...

I guess that the Sony would be interesting as a 20' TV/computer that you could move around the house, especially if it had built-in WiFi. Who knows...

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
what's so great about this -- it's just a laptop with an awkward stand that interferes with the portability of the unit. instead of lifting the screen up as from a laptop, you pull the keyboard down. the result is the same thing, but you've got this stupid stand.

weak.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts