Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a good alternative to DW? I get so frustrated using this POS program. Does anyone one experience these bugs with DWMX 6.1?

1) It's unstable as hell. In both OS9/OSX the only app that would crash on me is DW.
2) Switching between apps doesn't bring up all the windows. For example if I am working in Photoshop and I click back to DW the PS window still stays in front. All the menus switch to DW but the main file does not. I have to either click back or click on the DW icon in the dock.
3) When I minimize a DW document into the dock while working on another document. If I close the second document the one that I minimized comes flying out of the dock. F*CK I HATE THAT! I minimized it for a reason, I don't want to work on it right now.
4) Window resizing memory. For some reason DW suddenly decides that all my new documents should open in a small 400x400 window. No matter what I do it always opens in this small window.

Anyone have thoughts on GoLive?

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
you can get page spinner for free and it is X native
The only problem I have with dream weaver is connecting to some sites, but the app has not crashed on me yet.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
There is also Adobe's GoLive. It's pretty good.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
I don't think switching apps is the answer to your issues. Can you locate and trash DW prefs? How about re-installing it?

I've been using GoLive for a few years and am very pleased.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
GoLive works great for me, but I've never heard anything bad about DreamWeaver. Maybe it's time for a nuke & pave, including re-installing the OS and all apps.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah my whole system has been having problems lately, especially after 10.2.8. I'm waiting for Panther to do a clean swipe of both drives. Come on Panther! 11 more days!

·
Registered
232 Posts
I use Dream Weaver MX 2004 (version 7) never crashes for me, maybe you just need to update. GoLive is ok but I find Dreamweaver doesn't mess with PHP and ASP code, whereasGoLive does.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
hey,... so GoLive is nice?? I've had it on my shelf for some months now, and I have not installed it yet... will do very soon though...

could I have some of the success stories for GL??

H!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts