Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the cosmetic maintenance like? I just ot back from a local retailer and I noticed the browning of the keys --> demo model. Certainly someone @ Apple thought of this b4 manufacturing these? Although they do look slick fresh out the box, what is the long term outlook on the keys re: dirt?? The dirt was a little unsightly - and I'm sure that it will get worse. And I'm not the type to clean KB.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Keyboards are generally disgustly dirted when people either a) Use them after doing some work outside or with othe dirty items/tools without washing their hands properly, and b) eating at the keyboard or using their Mac/keyboard after eating again without washing their hands properly. If you are a clean :D person in general who keeps his hands clean before using your White Applr Pro keyboard, your own keyboard will not brown, get dirty, or change color due to dirtyness of any kind. It is a good idea to dust the keyboard here and there, however. Also, you can with a moist cloth wipe the keys on the keyboard without risk of damaging any components.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I hate to pop the bubble, but there is no such thing as a "clean person". We all excrete oils and sweat, we all shed skin, we all carry lots of micro-organisms.

If you are serious about keeping the KB clean, invest in latex gloves.

Or a sterile room, as well as gloves.

Or write a kick ass voice commmand interface.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I have been using a white keyboard for about a year and it looks like new. And I'm a slob and pick my nose too. :( :rolleyes: :eek:

Methinks you have to be a mechanic or have some pretty sticky hands for it to turn brown. Before that, I had a white iBook too with white keys. Never discoloured or anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.