Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeopardy host Alex Trebek says he has pancreatic cancer

Alex Trebek has been diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

The Canadian-born Jeopardy host made the revelation in a video posted to the show’s official YouTube channel on Wednesday afternoon.

“Now, just like 50,000 other people in the United States each year, this week I was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer,” he said. “Now normally, the prognosis for this is not very encouraging, but I’m going to fight this, and I’m going to keep working.

“And with the love and support of my family and friends and with the help of your prayers, also, I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease.”

He then joked that he has to keep working due to contractual obligations.

“Truth told, I have to! Because under the terms of my contract, I have to host Jeopardy for three more years! So help me. Keep the faith and we’ll win. We’ll get it done. Thank you.”

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cInGyxCY9k[/ame]

·
Canadian By Choice
117,382 Posts
Just read this on CNN.com :(

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Always enjoy his presentation. He is one of a kind and I wish him well.
Hope he does well, but has a hard row to hoe but wish him all the best.

Was just thinking he is one of many many game show hosts that are Canadian...curious.

·
Premium Member
42,495 Posts
Hope he does well, but has a hard row to hoe but wish him all the best.

Was just thinking he is one of many many game show hosts that are Canadian...curious.
I remember him hosting Reach for the Top in Toronto.

I appeared on Definition a few times with Jim Perry, who also hosted many US game shows.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,374 Posts
Reprehensible - The Winnipeg Sun and the Toronto Sun both ran this headline...

The Winnipeg Sun has issued an apology. Toronto Sun also.
yes it is rather harsh but the facts are the facts and one hopes that the article will bring awareness to the illness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts