1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex Baldwin, in his own words to his 11 year old daughter:

"You are a rude, thoughtless little pig."

"You don't have the brains or the decency as a human being,"

"I don't give a damn that you're 12 years old, or 11 years old, or that you're a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do as far as I'm concerned. You have humiliated me for the last time with this phone."

He later goes on to say he is turning the plane around to spend a day to "Straighten her out" and that "She better be ready."

:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

I don't care what personal things he went through, or what his daughter may or may not have said or did to tick him off... This guy should be charged for abuse. What a piece of @*%$.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Yeah, really classy. I can't imagine what the mother (Kim Basinger) is like, either considering that those recordings were supposed to be sealed. There have been nasty rumors flying about with regards to both parents and it hasn't been pleasant.

Remove the kid from both of them, methinks.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
bassinger is probably ****ed that she hasn't landed a role like Baldwin's on "30 Rock"

it's all lawyer spin to "release" the recordings

money, money, money
you can dress 'em up but you can't take 'em out

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Dragging a kid into the middle of a custody battle and then speaking to her like that isn't how a "Man" or "Father" should behave towards their children. They learn from example. By acting like that he is setting the example.

That being said, I'm sure the media has twisted, turned and molded this to their advantage to snag more ratings.

In this case there are five sides to the story, Baldwin, Bassinger, their child, the lawyers and the media. Who is right?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Regardless of all the legal crap and the media twisting things around, a good parent doesn't speak to their child that way...ever.

·
Premium Member
42,279 Posts
But Baldwin is such an eloquent spokesman on the topic of Global Warming...

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
I could just imagine how spoiled his daughter is, and is probably on her way to being a Paris Hilton wanna be. This is quite tame to what I used to get as a kid, and I think it is sad that the media needs to shine a light on this. It only makes parents more timid disaplining their children, and I personally think kids of today need more strict parenting. If this is what I had to do to keep my kid off the pole or in the case of Paris, off the web, I would do it x2.

Anyone know what exactly set him off?

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JumboJones said:
I could just imagine how spoiled his daughter is, and is probably on her way to being a Paris Hilton wanna be. This is quite tame to what I used to get as a kid, and I think it is sad that the media needs to shine a light on this. It only makes parents more timid disaplining their children, and I personally think kids of today need more strict parenting. If this is what I had to do to keep my kid off the pole or in the case of Paris, off the web, I would do it x2.

Anyone know what exactly set him off?
Yeah.. this is just the self-esteem this girl needs to "keep her off the pole" at age 11. :rolleyes:

There's beeing stern and having discipline in a household... and then there is what Alec said to his 11 year old daughter. The two couldn't be further apart.

I hope he gets canned and I never see his mug on SNL again. He should be extremely ashamed. If his wife is anything like him, they should both be ashamed.

·
Premium Member
10,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LaurieR said:
Regardless of all the legal crap and the media twisting things around, a good parent doesn't speak to their child that way...ever.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
ehMax said:
Yeah.. this is just the self-esteem this girl needs to "keep her off the pole" at age 11. :rolleyes:
I'm sure they have the money to pay for therapy, I can see it now, "and then he called me a pig, waaaaaa!"

ehMax said:
There's beeing stern and having discipline in a household... and then there is what Alec said to his 11 year old daughter. The two couldn't be further apart.
Please, you must have had it easy as a kid, I would have rather had a stern rant like his than the taste of leather.

ehMax said:
I hope he gets canned and I never see his mug on SNL again. He should be extremely ashamed. If his wife is anything like him, they should both be ashamed.
Our personal lives should have nothing to do with whether we get fired. This was a private message left on his daughters answering machine, give me a break.

The fact that this message got leaked proves how much of a brat she probably is. Why isn't anyone questioning that?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
The fact that this message got leaked proves how much of a brat she probably is. Why isn't anyone questioning that?
Boom! Nicely put.

Let's all accuse the father of making unacceptable statements to his own daughter and just ignore what the daughter may have said or done that warranted such a response by Alec. Now, where's the other side of the story?

;)

Some kids need that kind of brutal and harsh treatment in order to be disciplined properly. Kids these days that are constantly pampered and sheltered by their parents a lot of the time end up problematic in later life, if not even early life.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Lars said:
Kids these days that are constantly pampered and sheltered by their parents a lot of the time end up problematic in later life, if not even early life.
And being a "Baldwin" I'm sure the pampering comes daily and her family name has certainly gone to her head like the rest of the family.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
I heard it this morning on the TV and radio, this doesn't change my mind. It's too bad he didn't do it in person instead of over the phone. She would have S**T her pants, just as she should, and not blast this all over the media, as she did.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Judging by some of the reactions to this story and the personal input on the way in which some of you think you should deal with discipline and not letting kids get away with crap, it's not hard to see why there are so many of them out there these days causing trouble because they have been raised with no fear of repercussions or harsh treatment for s$%t they pull.

How many times have you been out somewhere and had to listen to some screaming little tyrant in a store or restaurant because some moron thinks that grabbing his kid by the shirt collar and giving him s$%t will turn him into a 'problem' or 'damaged' child? News flash! They already are! :lmao:

Saying he should be 'charged with abuse' is ridiculous, and a classic example of reactionary people that report parents because they spank their kid for throwing a rock through someones window. You wanna know where most kids get it in their heads they can do anything they want, anywhere they want? Look no further than your living rooms.

Ya Baldwin is an ass, but do you know what that kid is like? Didn't think so. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
Some kids need that kind of brutal and harsh treatment in order to be disciplined properly. Kids these days that are constantly pampered and sheltered by their parents a lot of the time end up problematic in later life, if not even early life.
Judging by some of the reactions to this story and the personal input on the way in which some of you think you should deal with discipline and not letting kids get away with crap, it's not hard to see why there are so many of them out there these days causing trouble because they have been raised with no fear of repercussions or harsh treatment for s$%t they pull.
It's too bad he didn't do it in person instead of over the phone. She would have S**T her pants, just as she should, and not blast this all over the media, as she did.
Interesting observations.

You appear comfortable with children receiving brutal treatment, verbal abuse and being so scared they s**t their pants.

I don't think there is ever a reason for a kid to receive such treatment. When kids behave badly it is most often because either they have a condition that generates unusually anti-social behaviour, or, more commonly, because of parenting that offers kids no nurturing, sense of value, boundaries and structure based on a loving relationship.

All of which suggests that Baldwin's weak parenting was aimed at a child who may have behaved poorly because of, well, weak parenting.

Taking an abusive approach to raising kids teaches about power, not authority and respect. When abuse is needed for discipline then the failure began long before - and that in itself is a form of abuse.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
I doubt most of our lives could stand up to the minute scrutiny that these so called 'stars' are subjected to, never mind their children.

Imagine some flaming post you made on ehmac being posted on the bulletin board at your child's school, or published in the front page of a national newspaper? This kid gets to see her parent's divorce on the front pages of all the gossip magazines. If people didn't care - didn't buy the magazines - how much of a market would there be for this crap?

What makes it the fact that it's Alec Baldwin and Kim Bassinger so 'news worthy'?

This whole discussion - because it's about 'movie stars' - is part of the problem. So, ehmacers: Are you a part of the problem?

Kids learn from the examples they are given. Movie stars or not.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
Lars said:
Boom! Nicely put.

Let's all accuse the father of making unacceptable statements to his own daughter and just ignore what the daughter may have said or done that warranted such a response by Alec. Now, where's the other side of the story?

;)

So, without knowing all the facts, you think it's perfectly reasonable to talk to your child in that way? Assume the worst, as they say. I'm thinking maybe you should get a taste of it yourself.

Idiotic statements at their absolute best.

It's irrelevant if the tape was allowed to be leaked or not (that's a separate issue), and it's pretty clear why Alec was ****ed--but you don't EVER talk to your kid that over a pathetic reason like that.

Both you and Alec need to grow up.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts