Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
161 - 180 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey hairy ath! Wheth arth U hairy ath? Really miss your separtitht BS.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
I have made it a rule in 2021 to not post political comments....but I couldn’t help myself here.
I have worked a number of elections....I think there may be a surprise here...a disgruntled voter is a dangerous thing for a political party.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
I have made it a rule in 2021 to not post political comments....but I couldn’t help myself here.
I have worked a number of elections....I think there may be a surprise here...a disgruntled voter is a dangerous thing for a political party.
If you're talking about the federal election, it's tough to say at this point. No question Trudeau has shown his arrogance time and time again, no question in calling this election. However, there's still a few big factors in his favour. Ontario has a really hated conservative government. I wouldn't underestimate this. History has shown this to be a real deciding factor. People might say they dislike Trudeau, but the question will be, do Ontarians also want the same in Ottawa as they're seeing at Queen's park? I don't know how many inroads O'Toole will make in Quebec or the eastern provinces either, And BC will be a tough place for him. Just wait til climate change hits the campaign trail. At best, O'Toole could sneak a minority, but it will fall just as quickly as Joe Clark's did. Rinse and repeat I say.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
And there’s a major storm brewing in Ontario on the Ford government as of this morning. This is really not going to help O’toole. I would expect this to help both the liberals and the NDP in this province. We’ll see how much this gets legs. My opinion is, it further worries people that the conservatives, don’t follow science. It won’t be a problem for the ‘choir’ however.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
I think Trudeau may get hoisted by his own petards, as they say. He seems to be counting on Canadians’ satisfaction with CERB payments as a reason for calling an election. He may not have considered how many people are disgruntled with his arrogance though. O’Toole is not the Messiah, however, and I can’t see enough people getting behind Singh. We shall see, as Dr G likes to say.

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
I recall David Peterson calling a snap election in Ontario when he already had a majority that had a year left in it. It ended his political career.

Despite mail-in ballots, the appearance of getting people to congregate for an election during a pandemic provides terrible optics for Trudeau.

I'm surprised the NDP has stuck with Jagmeet Singh as long as they have. He seems to have little traction outside of hard core NDP supporters.

I think Trudeau may get hoisted by his own petards, as they say. He seems to be counting on Canadians’ satisfaction with CERB payments as a reason for calling an election. He may not have considered how many people are disgruntled with his arrogance though. O’Toole is not the Messiah, however, and I can’t see enough people getting behind Singh. We shall see, as Dr G likes to say.

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
Ive always said, the guy is a narcissistic jackass, and that will be his downfall. If O'Toole does overtake him, I dont think it'll be a smooth ride for him either, as Id be surprised if he hit majority territory. I bet we'll be back at the polls much sooner than we think. And if we do end up with a conservative government federally, that will be a disaster for Doug Ford here in Ontario, so that might be a silver lining for us here.

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
I'm surprised the NDP has stuck with Jagmeet Singh as long as they have. He seems to have little traction outside of hard core NDP supporters.
I’m not, this is the NDP after all Macfury.......just look at who is still there at the provincial level.....

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
I’m not, this is the NDP after all Macfury.......just look at who is still there at the provincial level.....
Heh! I need to check from time to time to make sure she's still there! Talk about invisible!!

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
Where the NDP vote can collapse heavily, is when there is the fear of a conservative government. Suddenly, many swing type NDP voters (like myself) become interested in strategic voting.

This could become a case of how strong is the fear of a conservative government compared to a hatred of trudeau’s arrogance. It’s hard to tell yet. Once the anger of Trudeau calling an election wears off, this could change.

·
Premium Member
5,988 Posts
Heh! I need to check from time to time to make sure she's still there! Talk about invisible!!
Hardly. She’s an excellent leader of the opposition. Very visible and very vocal holding the UCP’s feet to the fire. You don’t see it because you don’t live in Alberta. And frankly, because you choose not to.

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
Rps was referring to Andrea Horwath--we're both in Ontario.

Hardly. She’s an excellent leader of the opposition. Very visible and very vocal holding the UCP’s feet to the fire. You don’t see it because you don’t live in Alberta. And frankly, because you choose not to.

·
Premium Member
42,770 Posts
Though maybe rps was talking about Notley--I will leave it to him to say!

·
Premium Member
10,315 Posts
Guys, just chill! It’s okay to have a difference of opinion....and also not go into attack mode, which is where this is going......

·
peek-a-boo
17,094 Posts
Of course... that's why you were talking about the federal election.
Well as usual, captain “I want reasonable discussion” throws the match.

Every time. But it’s always somebody else. What you’ll notice, is that over the last oh, near decade it doesn’t matter who comes by to participate. There’s only one common denominator. Who’s fault will it be the next time? The game continues while everyone falls for it. And that’s why no one likes to participate.

nice going macfury.

161 - 180 of 184 Posts