Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrogers:
Typing=garble...help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, um, if you're topic title was supposed to be an english word then yeah, you've got a situation.

typing=garble... been getting into the juice a bit early this holiday season.... orrrrrr? What's goin' on? Did your language / location settings change on you?

Need more info.

· Registered
182 Posts
If you're in OS 9, check your Control Panels under the Apple, make sure you've got the correct keyboard layout selected.

Sorry, I can't help if you're using OS X. I've only recently begun the migration.

· Premium Member
10,507 Posts
Likely you've set your keyboard to Dvorak. Which if you knew would be a big improvement in your typing speed.
ALL kids should start with Dvorak layouts so eventually we could do away with qwerty

No my kyeboard is fine ;)

· Premium Member
10,507 Posts
Hmmm perhaps a Drap o Christmas cheer has splashed on your keyboard.

· Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish... Problem seems to be getting better. Only two-letter garbles now. a=sa s=sa b=bn n=bn My son may have got something in the keyboard, like eraser rubbings. What is a good way to clean it? Forced air?

· Premium Member
2,120 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrogers:
I wish... Problem seems to be getting better. Only two-letter garbles now. a=sa s=sa b=bn n=bn My son may have got something in the keyboard, like eraser rubbings. What is a good way to clean it? Forced air?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like the old prank "Mitten Hands". It basically pretends you are trying to type with mittens on. If you are using MacOS 9 or earlier, look in your extensions (or control panels) folder for something called Mitten Hands.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.