Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrogers:
Typing=garble...help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, um, if you're topic title was supposed to be an english word then yeah, you've got a situation.

typing=garble... been getting into the juice a bit early this holiday season.... orrrrrr? What's goin' on? Did your language / location settings change on you?

Need more info.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you're in OS 9, check your Control Panels under the Apple, make sure you've got the correct keyboard layout selected.

Sorry, I can't help if you're using OS X. I've only recently begun the migration.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
In OS X, go under System Pref's --> International --> Keyboard and make sure you have US Keyboard layout selected and not CSA English (Which is Canadian French I believe)

·
Premium Member
31,002 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish... Problem seems to be getting better. Only two-letter garbles now. a=sa s=sa b=bn n=bn My son may have got something in the keyboard, like eraser rubbings. What is a good way to clean it? Forced air?

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrogers:
I wish... Problem seems to be getting better. Only two-letter garbles now. a=sa s=sa b=bn n=bn My son may have got something in the keyboard, like eraser rubbings. What is a good way to clean it? Forced air?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like the old prank "Mitten Hands". It basically pretends you are trying to type with mittens on. If you are using MacOS 9 or earlier, look in your extensions (or control panels) folder for something called Mitten Hands.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's weird. I'm now down to just a few keys that cause a problem this morning. It's still a nuisance, though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.