Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got PB with an Airport card installed. Am I missing some software to run it? Did a search and I've not seen the app on my unit, but do have a card. I'm green when it comes to these. It says that's it's on - but I wonder.... Thanks ahead of time.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
More information please..... if its a new powerbook with the card in place, then all of the software is already on the machine. The places to find it under OS X are:

Applications folder -> Utilities ->
AirPort Setup Assistant
AirPort Admin Utility

You run the first one to set up your card and the second one if you have an Airport Base Station. If you are using a base station/router from another manufacturer, you obviously need to follow their instructions (Airport works with just about any wireless router that is 802.11b or g certified).

Since the Airport card increases battery drain, I switch it on/off using the menu display icon (selectable in the Set Up application). It also indicates signal stength in the menu.

There is also fairly extensive Airport documentation on the Apple Support pages.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah... got a Pismo. Runnin X. Thanks for the link. May have found the d/l page that I need. Will see what's up. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts