ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok - how and/or where do i add in an airport card (and which types are there?) to this old machine? I dont see them on apple.ca for purchase.

edit: after seeing the ifixit site, can i order the same type of card one would simply add into a laptop?

·
Registered
238 Posts
ok - how and/or where do i add in an airport card (and which types are there?) to this old machine? I dont see them on apple.ca for purchase.

edit: after seeing the ifixit site, can i order the same type of card one would simply add into a laptop?
I'm assuming it is 1.25GHz the airport card was an options and so was bluetooth for that model. I don't think it is possible to install just an airport card like you would to a laptop.

I would wait for a seasoned ehmac'er to comment on this one.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'm assuming it is 1.25GHz the airport card was an options and so was bluetooth for that model. I don't think it is possible to install just an airport card like you would to a laptop.

I would wait for a seasoned ehmac'er to comment on this one.
Correct, it's the 1.25 with none of the options installed.

Edit: Well, it looks like since i dont have airport or bluetooth, adding it would be an absolute monster.

Macworld | Mac mini Frequently Asked Questions... Answered!

looks like its USB wifi for me.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I believe the AP/BT bundle kit is available through AASP's for about $169+ install and taxes. You cannot add just one or the other.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I added it to my first gen mini. It's not that hard to do, maybe 45 minutes. I got my kit from CDW. I chose the kit over usb for three reasons.
1: I wanted both airport and BT.
2: The first gen Mini's had limited ports.
3: I wanted to keep the stock look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts