Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Future Shop flyer (April 27th - May 3rd). I've read it over and over, and I'm pretty sure the Airport Extreme Base Station is listed as $79.99. (Same price as the Mighty Mouse). Usually with Future Shop it will say "Save xx" and list a sales price, so I think this is a mistake. Does Future Shop have to honour advertised prices?

(When I checked the WebID, it's the French version.)

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Does Future Shop have to honour advertised prices?
No. Flyers always contain fine print giving them the right to correct typographical, pricing, image, etc. errors. Look through it, you'll find it at the bottom of one of the pages. This why quite often you see "Correction Notices" in the newspaper, or in store sometimes.

·
Registered
898 Posts
You know what… since I am on the market for one, I am going to get a Flyer and go to the store and try and get one for that price. Worth a try…

Also, of interest, if you punch in the web ID on their site, you're looking at $199.99! So I am hoping I can find someone at the till that just rings it in as advertised!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Let us know how it goes... don't ask anyone, just go to the till and when it comes up wrong, show the cashier the flyer. Trouble is they might need a manager's authorization for such a large price adjustment.

·
Registered
355 Posts
You know what… since I am on the market for one, I am going to get a Flyer and go to the store and try and get one for that price. Worth a try…

Also, of interest, if you punch in the web ID on their site, you're looking at $199.99! So I am hoping I can find someone at the till that just rings it in as advertised!
see if some other big box store will price match...
early in the morning that is ;)

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
see if some other big box store will price match...
early in the morning that is ;)
That's actually a funny idea. Walk over to Best Buy and ask them to match Future Shop's advertised price.

www.bestbuy.ca said:
Should you find a lower advertised price, including those on the internet from an authorized Canadian Dealer, we will match that price and beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the difference.

Simply present us proof that the item is being advertised at a lower price.
Calculator: $199.99 - $79.99 = $120 x %10 = $12, $79.99 - $12 = $67.99! Killer deal!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Nice! I like.

FYI – My wife just called on her way home from Best Buy with my $79 Airport!!
She didn't get the 10% discount for pricematching and they did go through 5 people trying to find out why Future Shop had it advertised so low, but in the end they had to honour the price because there wasn't yet a retraction on the system.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I almost feel bad for BestBuy, considering it was FutureShop's stupid mistake. Pretty glaring one, that big of a price difference. But I'm no fan of FS or BB, so to them I say :p! Nice.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I got one from Future Shop. I had a bit of a hassle through. The sales guy tried to tell me it was the wong router and that it was the older version that was this price. They had the G version on the shelf at $300 so I said showed him that one and he changed his mind. In the end they tried to ignore me so I asked to speak to a manager. Eventally he shows up with a photocopy of the disclaimer. I pointed out that the other sales guy had stalled and argued with me for 15 minutes and never mentioned the disclaimer. I was just about to drop it when the original sales guy insulted me for trying to get a better price in front of my kids. The manager just looked at me picked it up and took me to the sales desk and gave me the price. To be honest I feel kinda bad for the sales guy now:eek:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Same company owns both… so either way it hurts both companies. I don't feel too terribly for them considering collectively the money I have spent at both stores in the last year. They will lose their shirts on few purchase that people make before they get the retraction on the system. My guess is that might be, at very generous estimate one per city they have stores. Cause let's not forget how many actually have stock of the item on hand.

I almost feel bad for BestBuy, considering it was FutureShop's stupid mistake.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I argued with bestbuy.ca that I saw it before FutureShop noticed the error. The supervisor at Bestbuy.ca was extremely rude. I said I know of people who got the price match in store and she said it's different policy..lol. I thought they were the same company. I called the London store and spoke with the manager who advised the policy is the same for the website and store. To make a long story short... The London store is out but he told me to order it online for the full price, gave me his first and last name and said "bring the receipt to the store and we will credit your credit card the difference" Now thats customer service. Never had a problem with this store. Yea....:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just Called FutureShop

The moron on the phone checked stock for all of Ontario and says there are none available. The Ajax store is supposed to have 100 shipped this week (Monday night). I work behind the scenes in retail and trust me....if you go in with the flyer and demand to speak to the store manager you will get it for $79. But hurry before they yank them off the floor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got one from Bestbuy for another $12 off. Also got a raincheck from Futureshop Edmonton West. If anyone in town need it, give me a shout.

BTW, I still haven't figure out how to do the port forwarding in Airport Utility.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts