Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a used iBook a week ago, and have been on the search for a airport card. Everywhere I've checked so far is out of stock, and I was told that by one store that Apple has 'changed' the card, could be the packaging or something small, and that's why there havn't been any shipments lately. Any truth to this rumor? Anyone know a store with an airport card in stock?

·
Registered
246 Posts
You can order directly from Apple Canada. It shows 3-5 day delivery.

Maybe the people you talked to are referring to the new AirPort Extreme Card which doesn't fit in your iBook anyway. You want to get the $125 one.

Cheers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
They are hard to find right now. I've got a line on one only if someone gives up their right of first refusal.

Apparently Apple is going to release a "new version of the old airport card" one retailer told me today. But they can't tell me what will be different, tho the price should be about the same.

Will there be an airport extreme card for my 2002 tiBook? Apple certainly has a marketing problem with only few of it's computers (and only brand new ones) working with their new airports at the new speed.

I bought a third party (Netgear) wireless router/switch while Apple fills the backorders and the "g" protocol works itself out in the marketplace.
They lost my sale. No sense paying full price for the bleeding edge airport if Apple only let's my portable work at the old, slower speed.

I guess I can surf from my desk a little while longer, the lazyboy will just put me to sleep anyway. : )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts