Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i read it was taken off software update because it had some problems, but i've also read it's solid and good to go. What's going on, and when will it be Avail again for those of us who missed it?

Phil

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
You can download it from the mothership. There are two versions depending on whether you are running 10.1.x or 10.2.x If you are running 9.x then keep on running.....

Seems OK to me (i.e. I've not had a problem with it yet but have only been running for less than a day).

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Well, I am running an AirPort card and a graphite base station and i have having no problems at all. I can;t decide if I like the new Admin Utility, it seems like nothing has changed except that there are a few different ways to look at the same info now.

--PB

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
There was problems with people who were running 3rd party cards and the Graphite Base Stations.

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
Slightly cooler/more "mature" interface (various views) but unless you are running AExtreme, there are no additional features that are obvious (although Apple says that the new software/firmware does fix some problems reported with specific ISPs). I noticed that the 3.0 upgrade reverted a behaviour in the menu bar where the name of the network scrolls for a few seconds. This was present in the previous software but was lost in 10.2.3 and 4 until this update (at least on my machine).

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
so what are the advances in 3.0?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts